Assasin wake of fire massive crashes

Its not throne specific. My game crashes constantly when fighting bosses or unique monsters like izual when i use of fire. Specifically i had the game crash on duriel, mephisto, izual, diablo and throne room minions (ps4pro). Every time character gets rolled back while map layout is somehow kept and saved which means, i have kind of a maphack for my next try. Still stopped playing the game its just so demotivating to lose 3-4 hours of progress.
While it is true that u could just not use wof it is single best assassin build on normal and most of nm playthrough, which u will play a lot when playing hardcore solo selffound.

1 Like

My assassin crashes more than all my other characters combined, I don’t think it’s wake of fire that’s doing it, when I teleport for baals I can’t do so on my assassin because of the crashes and I went full lightning traps. So no wof. I noticed while teleing the problems come up at unique packs, assassin was bugged in regular d2 with unique packs, our traps were counting as a pack of uniques and limited the number who could spawn. They fixed it for d2r but now if you pay close attention to when you crash I bet there is a unique around.

You guys seem to have issues at bosses, but I think it’s the same unique flag that’s doing it, to fix the problem for uniques spawning for us probably caused this, I hope they are paying attention.

1 Like

I think they may have fixed the Baal Crashing wake of fire. Maybe.

"Fixed crash that could occur when fighting Baal"

In latest patch update notes.

(That are way too hard to find.)

Edit 1: Sad to say this bug has not been fixed and wake of fire will still crash the game.

Don’t turn me into one of them Blizzard!

:neutral_face: Your patch for Baal needs more detail.

1 Like

Still crashing teleporting to throne on assasin

I’m curious about this teleporting thing you mentioned that’s crashing the game.

Could you give more detail because it sounds seperate from the WoF skill bug.

Basically when I tele baals on assasin only, I crash alot, mainly as soon as I hit throne and tele, sometimes on the other levels, I’ve noticed this happens when a unique boss pack is around. You notice the game stops and thinks for a second, on my beefy pc it’s barely noticeable, on ps5 it’s a pretty solid freeze up and crash most the time, my pc fights past it and doesn’t crash.

I think this stems from when they fixes boss packs for assasins, before d2r traps could count as a boss pack

I can do 8 hours straight baals on my necro np teleporting, assasin has crash issues tho lol

1 Like

Well now I want to know why Assassin traps used to count as a boss pack?

:thinking: There is jenkyness afoot!

Assasin is 100% bugged (trapping, teleporting, tping, loading screens) with massive frame drops on teleporting.

1 Like

Patch 1.10

Wake of Fire bug still exists. Don’t think I will stop talking about it.

Patch 1.11

Wake of fire bug still exists. This is a game crashing blue screen bug by the way.

Patch 1.12

Wake of fire bug still exists. How many kicks at the can does it take? Tune in to find out!

Patch 1.14

The bug still exists. I never forget!

Patch 1.15

You can do it. I believe in you… Still there. lol

Patch 1.16

Bug still exists. Maybe 1.17?

Patch 1.17

WAKE OF FIRE STILL CRASHES THE GAME. I have an idea…

1 Like

Still an issue on switch single player. Crashing in throne room now…

1 Like

It was always the throne room. I never could make it crash elsewhere.

1 Like

I just had it happen 3 times in a row on Izual and once on Diablo. Single player Ps4.
When Izual is about to die and the screen is full of WoF traps going off it crashes. I was able to whittle his life down to almost dead and then finish him off with Fire Blast and it didn’t crash.
The same thing happened with Diablo a few minutes later. If he is about to die and there are WoF traps up it crashes. I rage quit for now but I’ll try again later finishing him off without WoF up.
I was planning on finishing Normal with fire traps and respecting Lightning at lvl 30+, but I may just respec earlier so I don’t have to deal with this issue on Baal.

If you are switching I can vouch for this build working all the way through hell. It will also still function after 2.4 Public Test Realm becomes an official patch for console.