Assasin or Druid for season 2

Patch 2.4 made a lot of builds viable and/or more fun to play through.

Druids now can be summoners, which are quite fun. You don’t have Corpse Explosion or curses like a necromancer, but your summons are pretty strong and don’t need corpses (so you can overrun bosses and recast your pets as they die), and you can always get more involved with your summons as a shapeshifter with a Fury Druid to fight directly (usually with a Reaper’s Toll or Lawbringer to cast decrepify on your enemies) or a Shockwave Bear to stun enemies and support your army. There are videos of summon druids even defeating ubers with decent gear and clever gameplay.

Also, fire druids are a lot more viable and fun to play. They even have good farming spots now if you’re tired of the sorceress as a caster. Fissure makes everything melt in early game.

Assassins are now viable with lightning or Fire Traps in early game (people usually start with fire traps and then respect into lightning). Martial Artists are still not “there” yet but they are way more user friendly than before. Even a Blade Fury build can clear the game with basic gear and leave you a lot of skill points to use elsewhere.

Just make sure you have fun. The site “Maxroll” has a lot of build guides for starters if you’re interested.

I don’t know why people keep saying that “poison necro requires insane gear”. You can get to farm Hell cows and Area 85 zones like The Pit easily with basic gear like Lore, spirit, and a “white” wand with +2/+3 to poison nova. Then with a Full Trangs build I could farm the Worldstone Keep with ease. You DON’T need Death’s Web to play a fun poison necro.

Bosses being slow as hell to kill are a real thing though. A merc with Crushing Blow makes things a lot better.

This is nice as well, but I don’r know if it’s a “starter build”. Fire Sunder Charm + Obedience + Flickering Flame will sure be a nice combo, though.

I disagree, placing traps carefully, and using skills like mind blast and cloak of shadows for support is really fun.

However, you can always make an hybrid traps/Dragon Talon build if you want more action.

2 Likes

Barb. Always Barb BQ

How good are necromancer early ladder before all the insane gear?

And I’ve seen alot of fist of heavens paladins aswell I never tried that build since it became viable.

It’s amazing if you want to farm Chaos (which is a great place to farm). I’d suggest getting a Spellsteal axe for swap for early teleporting past River of Flame when there are things like Maggots

1 Like

As almost all casters, Necromancers can beat hell difficulty with basic gear (“Spirit” sword and shield, “Lore” helmet, “Insight” for their mercenary, etc), regardless if you build a Summoner, Bonemancer or a Poison Necro. Those last two builds also have the “White” runeword as a cheap and powerful weapon if they have the appropiate base wand.

Any of the three basic necro builds can beat the whole game and then get to farm.

1 Like

Alright after watching some video I am really temped at trying a poison necro, but alot of guides tell me it will need insane gear to really work good

I don’t like sorc, so I start as a Bladesin. Insane damage with no gear. Running through hell with cleglaws set. Started several times as a lightning trap(till nm as fire) but the kill speed of a Bladesin is faster when you get to hell. + No mana or lifeleech problems. Against immunes you can make lawbringer in a crystal sword.

2 Likes

ya end game psn necro gear is really hard to find / get. but when ya do, you see why.

1 Like

Alright so the questions is stay fishymancer until I got some mandatory important gear before I go poison or just go poison when I got the standard ladder starter gear like Trang oils, vipermagi etc etc

Windy druid telestomp everything with charm

Zookeeper Druid then respec to Fire Druid in Hell once you get decent gear.

1 Like

Bone necro is very viable was my start and main ladder season one. Very effective with even basic gear.

2 Likes