Assasin or Druid for season 2

Hey all!

So first Season I played Sorc from the start as always, however this time I want to try something else.

With the addition of sunder charms both of these classes looks really nice once u get the charm and an enigma

Would you go Trap Assasin or Druid for starting and farming hell?

I think Fire elemental druid looks really fun once you get some gear or maybe its good even with the budget gear? Or would Wind druid be better then?

Give me some of your toughts :slight_smile:

Fire druid! 0 to hero. 100000% So much fun.

3 Likes

Traps don’t work with sunder charms I’m afraid because they are considered minions.

Asn doesn’t need it though.

Edit: sunder charms do work with traps they changed it I am an idiot.

1 Like

Didnt they say charms will work for traps and minions? :thinking:

Anyway, summoner druid is quite good, I prefer him over elemental. Shifter needs equip to be viable.

Me personally, I am thinking of going trapsin

2 Likes

If you dont mind not being amazing, i would consider wind or fire spell druid. Not for any other reason than the graphocs of thise spells are amaaazing

2 Likes

They should tone down the Armageddon sound a bit. Its like playing diablo inside a tumble dryer.

3 Likes

" Any abilities granted by a Sundering Charm will also extend to your pets and summons, so keep that in mind as you upgrade your character ."

People here doesnt likes to read patch notes. Imagine forums.

6 Likes

That’s what they said then people pulled the code data out and tested and it didn’t work. So hopefully it gets fixed before they go live.

1 Like

oh my bad. Even better then.

2 Likes

Thanks guys, I got some more thinking to do :slight_smile:

I like the Trapsin for a starter. It’s fun and fast. Burst of speed helps you get around before Enigma, and Mind Blast helps with safety and keeping back immunes.
The fire druid is still a decent option with the physical damage added to the fire skills. I would just prefer the better mobility of the assassin early on.

1 Like

Yeah just saw a build called Lightning dragon tail hybrid assasin it looks really fun, I think that might be my ladder starter this season!

Starting with either character is foolish.

First they’re bad farmers.
Second, I wouldn’t hold my breath on the charm working with traps properly. These devs really are bad.
Thrid even though fire druid is going to be buffed a bit by the charm it will still be bad. If you like it cool, but I’d grind long before I’d waste time early ladder.

If you’re destined the take that path I would say you’d be best off making the druid. Wind druid is not a choice.

1 Like

Alright thanks, I just dont want to play another sorc just like 95% of the rest of the players. Its okey for me to be alittle slower.

I am acutally really tempted at a trap assasin or trap/dragon tail hybrid assasin right now.

I would have to adjust my farming spots accordingly of course, but the hybrid build looks like it can deal with immunes pretty good until charm/infinity.

1 Like

The charm might eventually work and be all good. I just don’t have faith, so I would no start that char until I knew everything worked well. Please remember these Devs are braindead and can easily mess it up. That will cost you time.

Fire druid is the best bet but you need to rush the charm and some other gear.

Wind is not viable IMO.

There are other chars you can play rather than light sorc and make your first char efficient, though for the most part they are all cookie cutter chars. Hdin/ Horkbarb/Cold+Fire Sorc/Java Perhaps PSN necro will be good. I’m actually not sure how to build it now because it is spread between PSN/Fire dmg.

I just would not rely on the charm working with traps is all. If you find out it does later a rush and 1-60 is easy IMO.

I actually used the Trapsin as my starter when D2R was released. Getting through to the end of Hell was good. You’re less squishy than a Sorc. You wouldn’t farm Mephisto like a Sorc, but you can run Eldrich & Shenk, Pindle, and farm keys etc.

1 Like

Yes sunder works with traps.

1 Like

Poison necro looks good it just requires some insane gear and is a lackluster boss killer :frowning:

Shapshifting fire claw druid.

I personally find trap assassin to be on the same level as summoners.

You don’t really do much and it’s boring

I prefer to play a hero where I’m the one doing the work regardless of who I play