Assa x2 Mosiac Build

I had high hopes for this one but it crapped on me instead.

1st you really need good indication of how many charges you have.
2nd charges should build up every second if your not gonna go 80%, in total to charge may not deplete.
3. Block needs to be better and some damage reduction
4. Needs mana leech
5. Get rid of thul and stick ohm for 50% more damage so its 300% to 350%
6. It really needs some deadly strike 30%
7. Mosiac also needs +2 to assa
8. Get rid of Mal and put in ist for magic find
9. If you really care to bring the assa up then let it be industructable for eth claws with skills.

I would ask for the skill damages to go up by 10%-15% and their you have a martial arts assa that can reach s-tier.
This is desrving to as the play style just aint click and spam 1 button.

Otherwise just use bartucs.

Also my choice of runes would have been zod ist ohm.

The problem with mosaic is it proves this team has no idea how to actually fix MA sins, or address the fact that charge up skills are clunky and dont actively help you kill things which makes it feel awful to play.

Then of course normal attack as a finisher doesnā€™t carry the ā€œcannot missā€ attribute of the other finisher skills, and required dw claws to proc or a kick, which to put as bluntly as possibly absolute s aā€™s.

The entire skills tree for ma needs a rework like additional synergies, any non-charge skill counts as a finisher, and the charge up skills actually deal damage based on the number of charges they have (so a finisher would exactly that. A build up hard hitting move when you need it).

50% chance to not consume charges on a runeword that is otherwise awful solves nothing.

Best bet is claws of thunder with dragon claw, but even then there is built in next hit delay with a still clunky skill mechanic.

/Rant over.

5 Likes

Yes 100% agree the finishers should be spamable and no delay.

Well the good news is with 2 moasics finishers now refresh their cool down and have 100% chance to not consume their charges.

Excuse me while I theory craft a fist of fire + tiger strike 5000% ED phys claw sin that cannot missā€¦

As ginger mentor mentioned in his rundown, if it wasnā€™t for the next hit delay on most of these skill effects, a max attack speed dragon talon kick sin will be able to drop about 20 meteors in 3 seconds on a target.

Get ready for 5 million dps level 55 tiger strike dragon talon kick sins.

Side note: who wants to make a claw bear sin with 2 frame attack speed and maxed out charges? Lol.

I feel like you guys are sleeping on how the new runeword makes MA sin viable.

I didnā€™t try it but i think this will let you to drop soooooo many meteors, everything will melt.

Here, build this runeword twice to make this entire skill tree viable. Change the skills themselves? What are we, game devs?

Welcome to D3r.

5 Likes

So you could always opt out of MA sin, like everyone did before these runewords.

Iā€™m not sure if they intended this to ā€˜fixā€™ the assassin or just didnā€™t know what they got themselves into

As a Phoenix build, if you just charge up Tiger Strike and Cobra Strike in addition to your other ā€˜chargesā€™, once fully charged you get +780 ED and 160% life/mana leech with every hit. Thatā€™s on top of the phoenix charge you intend to be dropping.

If you just want to do a physical Tiger Strike Kicksin, your kicks will be running +2340% ED and 230% life/mana leech, per kickā€¦A Dragon Talon build that was doing 700-1100 (6K dps) damage per kick moved up to 3100-4800 per kick (22K dps)ā€¦

1 Like

Right, horrendous class balance placed on a pinhead of ultra specific item effects to make something functional in the game can always just be ignored. This is unironically, and with no exaggeration, a D3 change to D2. You can cope and deflect from that all that youā€™d like, but thatā€™s the situation.

6 Likes

I think MA Assassins with 2x Mosaic will be good. I agree with Tohki though that changing how the skills behave should have been done on the skills themselves, not on an item.

2 Likes

I donā€™t disagree with you, but the fact still remains, MA sin was trash without these.
And yes changes to the tree would have been harder to do, and they probably wouldnā€™t have allowed you to get 100% uptime. (maybe they could with + skills, but that also seems harder to balance around)

1 Like

Iā€™m not going to praise whatever benefit that this provides to MA assassins because this is a blatant step in a known bad design direction. Everyone who experienced the decimation of D3ā€™s gameplay should be admonishing this dev team.

2 Likes

Ima let it slide, this time.

Now they just made mosaic mandatory because they did not fix the base skill mechanics, instead they introduced an item that is required for the skills to work.

You want to use interesting weapons for your Kicker? Too bad itā€™s dual mosaic for you from now on.

5 Likes

Vs not using a MA sin. Iā€™ll allow it.

LW still probably BIS for kicker vs ubers anyways

There also seems to be no good reason to use Dragon Claw now compared to Dragon Talon, unless Iā€™m missing something big. Talon is just faster for delivering your charge-up effects.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been using MA sins and I think Mosaic is a half azzed solution.

Vs perma 2000+ED off of tiger strike? I donā€™t think so. Iā€™ll get my crushing blow somewhere else.

1 Like

Pretty much, rather thank thinking of where each skill sits in terms of usefulness and approaching balancing that way, they introduce elements that further invalidate skills. Dragon Claw serves as a requirement for for some charge ups but otherwise itā€™s inferior to Dragon Talon in every way.

Kicks never did much damage, they always relied on CB for ubers. At least the ones that wanted to do it fast on an assassin.

Like I said already, I donā€™t disagree that this is in fact a bandaid fix. But itā€™s still better than 90% of MA sins from before.

To get up in arms about 1 niche build character that most people probably wont use anyways, it still requires you to hunt for gear like for instance a Grief for barb. Which breaks barb damage. You still need to get 2x of these runewords to take advantage of it.
You still have to hunt for enigma if you want to teleport, you still have to hunt for infinity to build charges easy from getting -def from your merc.

It isnā€™t going to make the grind any easier.

By all means go make you MA sin starting out and grind your way to 2x mosaic. I 100% bet you starting a sorc and gearing a MA sin will be the best route, much like most niche characters you want to build.