As an MA sin, Locking on Mosaic is Nightmare, Lets fix it wisely

I know you want to buff Elemental MA Assassin, and thank you.

However, Elemental MA Sin has few benefits from 100% not consuming charge.
Due to the Next Hit Delay, Elemental MA sin only got empty fireworks!
The following missiles shared the 4F NHD:
Claw of Thunder: Nova and charged bolt
Phoenix Strike: chaos lightning and chaos bolt.
We can see a large number of visual effects filling the entire screen but causing very little damage. I have some calculation here:

Be aware of that: 100% not consuming charge makes Dragon-Tail Sin too OP!
keep 3 Tiger + 3 snake Strike, and kick Dragon-Tail forever?
Sounds good, but it breaks the balance.

2xMosaic becomes the only end-game option for MA sin.

So, suggest Modification for MA sin and Mosaic. Let’s Fix the Skill, but not fix MA sin with a force-to-use:

1. Charge up triggers on attack! Now, charge up triggers on striking - it would be impacted by missing and enemy blocking terribly.

2. Remove the NHD from ClawsofThunderBolt and PhoenixChaoslightning and PhoenixChaobolt.

3. Turn up First of fire, Blade of ICE base damage (it’s too low now)

4. Enable Claws for “Lawbringer” and “Crestmoon”

5. Better visual indicator for charge levels.

6. Modify “Mosaic”, make it attractive for every characters:
    Base: all weapon
    Here are some examples for unique effects. they’re useful but can be replaced by other weapon.
    Unique Effect option 1: Extend the duration of the gain effect (including Assasin Charges) by 100% when striking.
    Unique Effect option 2: Level 3-6 conviction aura when equipped.
    Unique Effect option 3: Attack cannot be blocked (Only wielding hand has this effect so that never impact PVP balance. if you don’t want to make Charge-up moves trigger on attack, this would help MA sin in Charging phase)

• +2 to all skill (Not only for MA skill)
  • +40% Increased Attack Speed (Improve from 20IAS)
  • +300-350% Enhanced Damage (Improve from 200-250%)
  • +20% Bonus to Attack Rating
  • 7% Life Steal
  • +8-15% to Cold Skill Damage
  • +8-15% to Lightning Skill Damage
  • +8-15% to Fire Skill Damage
  • Indestructible (New)

As a Martial Arts Master, MA sin’s gameplay is very similar to action games.
But in the past, the high intensity of the operation brings too little return (damage too low), and this is a big problem.

The correct approach is to: make low-intensity operations with a certain level of damage. And, significantly increase the return of high-level operations.

Instead of changing it to: no operation is needed to get the highest return all the time.

3 Likes

im not a MA sin player, but ithink you could already weaken that point if some of % for charge not consumed was put in skills like claw mastery. like 20% from hard points, 40% from the rw. or other numbers.

Apart from what are you saying which is correct, may I add that having no need to charge your finishing moves erases the so well designed “yin - yang” aspect of the Martial Assassin game-play. As with everything in this world in the past 20 years we’ll have to bare once more the crippling of the yin aspect, like nobody needs it or something…

Re-modelling gameplay of a “Martial Artist”, yet seems nobody opened a martial arts book, to get at least a basic idea what that words mean…

But if I have to say I am surprised, I’d be lying myself and you as well. We knew it since we saw the face of our beloved Amazon on day1. “So much for their crafts and their huts…”

Its still OP and needs a nerf regardless of NHD

2 Likes

How to fix the assassin
That’s what I’ve been saying here, they need to buff the skills without breaking them. Mosaic is changing the mechanics without properly figuring out the consequences. They’ve essentially turned finishers to smite permanently but with 2000%ed, massive life leach, 3 frame attack speed and massive aoe. They broke the skill.

5 Likes

Yup. Needs a nerf asap but how would blizzard know because their fav streamers arent saying anything even though they know its broken.

2 Likes

i really hope so tbqh

2 Likes

i literally think that design is why nobody plays it.

4 Likes

You might be correct. It takes a little more experience to get used to how she can be utilized. Imo martial assassin is very exciting spec, if the player is eager to click more than 2 button combinations and condition himself that there a certain goals which should not be chased, as for example AoEing a whole pack of monsters like a hammerdin would do. Martial assassin is a tactical specialty. Yes, she would not grind you as much “Jah” runes as fast as Javazon, for a given play-hours, but the playstyle is much more entertaining. So if you ask me, I’d grind few less runes and have much more fun in my playtime, but people are much less interested in fun these days, they want Morgoth power and candies from McDonalds.

i always wanted a better indicator for charge stacks.

sometimes you get in the crowd and you just cant tell.

They broke Tyrael’s heart as well.

(without hidden sarcasm)

That is correct, it is frustrating, especially if you are not paying attention. Thou it is actually a pleasure to play long enough this class, to the point your subconscious knows what’s going on with your charges at any given time. I don’t know how I would have reacted if they just release a numbers pop-up change above the head of the assassin. Probably I’d feel it takes something from my game, but yes I understand and I agree it is frustrating for most of the players.

are we sure Mosaic is BiS?

Should be with the 100% buff yes. What item is better?

I hate that it is again THE only choice. It is like Grief.

5 Likes

plague?

It’s even worse than grief, other builds at least still work mechanically without Grief but MA mechanics suck without Mosaic.

3 Likes

When you don’t lose your charges you can stack them all, as in you have no reason not to .

If you make a kicker you can max tiger strike and put 1 pt into Cobra strike, now you will have about 2000% ED and over 100% leech to both mana and health. Worried about losing those charges, that’s ok Dragon Flight is your mini teleport to move you to the next target fast and efficient. Your now cranking out single target damage on the level of Charged strike. Problem is Charged Strike is a skill and you aren’t locked into gear to do it.

If you are going Phoenix, why not charge up Tiger and Cobra as well when you get a sec? you can add a good 300’ish % to your damage, leech and then pick the one element you want to spam at 10 attacks per second. I’m looking forward to Sin’s crashing out games the way Summoners used to when we would drop in with 100 summons!

The damage potential with Duel Mosaic is just broken…

2 Likes

that sounds sooo fun.

3 Likes

I remember playing something like that on open battle.net. I never thought I would ever see them do it in closed battle.net. Having hacked skills is fun, no doubt.

Stop complaining and have fun this season. Don’t worry they’ll nerf it by 80% next.

3 Likes