As an MA sin, Locking on Mosaic is Nightmare, Lets fix it wisely

Nope needs a nerf now like hustle

2 Likes

Is it possible that the 100% to not consume a charge will apply to only one charge? possibly at random if you have more than one type?

I would say, change mosaic to “50% chance for next three finishing moves not to consume charges”.

Agreed with the general point, that the skills should be fixed rather than Mosaic being the “fix.”

It could easily be addressed with a couple changes:

• Make finishers except Dragon Talon not consume charges as default skill behavior. Dragon Talon has the advantage of hitting on 3 frames already.
  • Do NOT add the “finishers refresh charge duration” bit to the skills and remove it from Mosaic
  • Make charge-up attacks refresh charge durations
  • Maybe reduce the base duration slightly (10 seconds instead of 15?) since the effects will last for the full duration
  • Change Phoenix Strike to apply its effects cumulatively like Fists of Fire, Blades of Ice, and Claws of Thunder do
  • Change Mosaic to extend the duration of charges by 50%

Then separately deal with the Next Hit Delay problems.

Et Voila. Now you hit a few times to build charges, need to alternate back to charge-up attacks every so often to maintain or rebuild charges, and you don’t end up raining down 7 meteors a second. The Assassin gets better core gameplay. Mosaic is still useful but not a bandaid.

I don’t know if I like the idea of warping skills around an item, it’s like a backwards way of skill balancing.

2 Likes

Plague is a very good example. it’s good, but not a locked option.
And it is also an option for other characters not only Assassin.

Plague benefits MA sin a lot: they don’t have to find a Magic or rare claw to boost the skill level (Since skill level is the only source to increase damage in the past 20 years)

However, Plague can be replaced by other options, like Lacerator/crestmoon/lawbringer/good magic or rare claw
And a high-end Magic claw (3 MA skill, 40IAS, 2 slot +3DT +3PH) can cause much more damage than Plague.

That’s why I’m saying to bake functionality into the skills themselves. Not sure where the confusion is.

3 Likes

I just saw the part you wrote about reducing charge duration to 10 seconds. You know an item is broken when you have to start needing skills because of it.

Can you clarify? I don’t follow your train of thought at all.

It was a response to this

No, I understand you’re referencing that bullet point. But I don’t follow what you’re saying the way you phrased it.

I thought the changes you suggested were meant to interact with mosaic, I see what you meant was to bake mosaic into the skills instead and rebalance the skills that way.

Ah, got it. Yeah, I was proposing something similar during PTR anyway. They really need to fix the baseline skills, and if they like this concept (finishers can keep applying charge effects for their duration), it seems pretty simple to move that concept onto the skills and then tune them slightly so it’s not broken/OP.

Glad we could clear up the disconnect.

No, I have calculated here:
Charges 3rd layers of Lv45 Phoenix Strike and release it with lv 26 Dragon Talon (5hits). it costs 7f x3 + 3Fx4+7F = 40Frames
100% not consuming charges.
There would be 96 chaos ice bolts filling up your screen and even jamming your computer.
But only 3 ice bolts would cause damage to the main target!
Lv45 Phoenix Strike (max on Blade of Ice): 2.5K cold damage. the main target got 7.5K cold damage (not calculate resist) only.

After that, every 19Frames, MA sin causes 7.5k cold damage.

As comparison, Nova Sor can cause 7.5k AOE lightning damage in 8Frames.

1 Like

Honestly I hope they don’t go the mosaic way. Other than dragon talon, the dragon tail and tiger strike interaction can be pretty broken too. Then you have to start rebalance multiple skills and make even more exceptions for certain skills to keep it from being broken

1 Like

Yup sounds like a nerf needed to me. You’re also not calculating the physical component of MA.

1 Like

Kicks don’t gain benefits from DS/CS weapon EDs, so the physical part is not OP by calculation.
The boots are not Grief. And no Grief for Claws. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Crushing blow absolutely works with kicks and thats what makes this op

Per calculation, Elemental Sin (physical + element) will never be able to kill a boss faster than an Amazon with Charged Attack.

Crushing Blow?
How do you think about SF (Static Field)?
Crushing blow only bases on monsters’1ppl HP.
And, you see the frequency.
WW Bar: 2F per hit.
26level Dragon talon: 3.8F per hit.

Let’s focus on the real topic, friend.

Ww barbarian doesn’t hit 2 frames per hit. It hits twice every 4 frames (seems to be the case with dw since 2.4).

1 Like