Are the Creeper Vines good to use?

Are they very powerful / useful in combat?

1.Poison Vine. Does poison damage.
How useful is this?

2.Carrion Vine. Replenish HEALTH… 4%…
does this add up. is it super useful in healing?

3.Solar Vine. Replenish MANA Recovery rate 2%
super useful or not so much ?

in my experience (which isn’t a ton but a decent amount) the poison creepers seem to be the most useful to me. That said, apart from oak sage, heart of wolverine and bear the summoning tree isn’t terribly useful

1 Like

poison vine helps prevent monster regen. Other then that it doesn’t help damage much.

Solar vine regen doesn’t impact your mana pool as much as it should. you really don’t notice it, especially if your a caster build.

I do use Solar and notice the impact. It won’t save your hide from heavy hits, but it helps out allot in not having to use pots in regular play.

Overall like most the other summons, recasting is regular and necessary. They’re targetable, like your spirits, which means they get one shot by any mob past normal. But i use them, especially in my summons builds.

1 Like

Worth noting that the health and regen vines also destroy the bodies which can be it’s own help if there is a mob raising the dead.

2 Likes

Poison creeper is garbage. I maxed it in normal and it was pretty much useless by the time I hit Act 2. At level 20 it’s not even 100 damage. That’s not even considering that the model for the ‘creep’ it leaves on the ground absolutely destroys the game’s FPS. 100% useless skill; even if you want prevent monster heal, you can instead get an item with that stat on it and avoid poison creeper altogether.

I was going to try Rabies, with the maxed psn creeper as a synergy, but it wasn’t worth the effort. You clearly need a lot of supporting gear for it to be any level of viable.

Do note that Solar Creeper is currently bugged in D2R. It will only work when you do not have max health instead of the correct check on mana levels.

I find solar creeper the best. The poison, health, mana gain is all a secondary utility benifit. The main reason you get vines is another tank after spirit and bear. Leveling a vine increases its HP. Solar vine is tough enough for Hell and will get targeted often.

The creepers are all useful for a few reasons, but none of them need lots of points.

• any creeper can distract monsters
  • both of the non-poison creepers destroy corpses and are valuable for that purpose alone (necros using revive will hate you though)
  • poison creeper’s damage is just too low and without any synergies, it will never amount to much. but it does, as noted by others, help to counter monster regen.
  • you can never have too much health and mana recovery.

Bottom line: Get all 3 creepers. But don’t invest heavily in them.

Some low level skills get a bit of a power spike above level 20 in that skill, but poison creeper definitely isn’t one of them

1 Like

I wouldn’t bother w any of the vines personally. Wasted skill points. Health one is a nice 1 pointer for qol once you’ve maxed all the skills for your build just so you don’t need pots anymore. But otherwise it’s a no for me personally, I’d still throw my extra points into wolf for more bear health.

You might want to skip them in your first play-through… But when your character is a bit more powerful and has some +skill items like spirit, shako, lore, vipermagi (which aren’t super expensive) having 1-pt invested in a few auxilliary druid skills is really, really nice…

I’ve got +15 all skills on my gear now, and my 1-pt carrion vine is AMAZING. My opinion is 1pt ravens, 1 pt grizzly, 1pt oak/wolverine, 1 pt carrion and keeping all those summons spawned is definitely worth it.

The druid gain a lot of power from +skill items, more so than any other character I think…

1 Like

I think people just look at the damage and assume that’s all they do. After all, Ravens doesn’t explicitly say it causes blindness (though it is indirectly inferred by “pecking out eyes”), but that’s the real reason for the skill. Plus they can’t die so they will serve their purpose guaranteed. The creepers all have a modest benefit even with 1 point. Sure, you can get something with Prevent Monster Heal on it, but if you don’t have that, poison creeper does it, and it spreads around to other enemies. That effect does more “damage” (in terms of HP not recovered by the enemy) than the actual poison.

1 Like