An issue occured while communicating with the game servers

is anyone facing this problem for a day already?
works after a few retries, but I get this error often

Is it only when botting?
Or is it when using maphack/grabbit as well?

I have noticed when I make my own games, I have zero issues … however, if I join a game with a botter/maphacker, the game jumps to a minimum of like 280 ping and disconnects often … I see this a lot with tz’s focused on chaos or baal … just an observation …

appreciate your humor

I see this error randomly when trying to create a game but for a day now it becomes more annoying
and was not sure if it’s my connection/network issue, or this is something from the game servers

how about just dropping the crap with botting and maphack?

It is no so much humor as it is a mental disorder tho. The guy has mastered the art of filling threads with psychotic rambling.

1 Like

How about stop using them?

Is this your new thing? After spreading weird conspiracy theories without any fundament or even logic, I might say, you are now accusing people of botting and exploiting without proof!?

Be honest? What is really happening? Are you upset you are unlucky? What’s the gist of it?

Hhahahaha … simply questions … never made a statement …

and, then made an observation of what I saw online/in-game …

You really need to get over yourself. But, if it makes your day attacking someone, be my guest. I care so little about what you actually think.

for me, it started yesterday out of the blue, yes.

no, it affects non-botters as well.

no, it affects non-users of those lovely (careful, sarcasm!) programs as well.

yeah, and luckily we’re all too stupid to not see a loaded question. Right.

that’s what you’re doing… unprompted. for no reason, calling them botters and cheaters. you really need to lay off… whatever you’re using and get off the forum. for a while i thought you were alright but naaah… you’re way off the deap end. bye bye. oli. i hope you get the help you need.

yes, if you take a quick look at the forum, it’s plastered with lag posts the last 3-4 days.

Yeah got same “An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers.” the last 2 days or so, making it very annoying to play. D2 and D2R are by far the best Blizzard games ever so I do not understand why there is not more focus on them to keep some of their core fans happy. It will help them with their brand problems as word of mouth from happy customer is very important.

I wonder if Blizzard/Microsoft has just started to close down D2R servers and network capacity so the bad experience will get people to move to D4. I really hope that is not the case cause that would be horrible… - Dedicated D2 fan is getting worried…

What they are probably working on honestly is getting it fully cross platform instead of just cross progression so they can add it to game pass. But yeah the issues connecting to the server have been occurring for the past couple days for me. It’s been really annoying but still not so bad I refuse to play LOL

Blizzard likely reduced the number of servers when d4 launched. Now that d4 is dying and everyone is coming back to d2r the discount servers cannot handle all the traffic.

Honestly blizzard needs to find some way to monitizes d2r. I would pay $20 if we could get good stable lag free servers more often and maybe some other benifits. Such as more online chatacter slots or something cosmeticly pleasing. Its a problem with legacy game support.

If you say something nice about the game or company, about half the people will agree and half will call you every name in the book. And all of them will point to irrelevant statistics to back up their point. Word of mouth is not what it used to be. People would rather be thought right than helpful.