An idea to nerf teleport

Why I want teleport (tp) nerfed? Because I’d like to see the gap between sor and other char narrowed, the gap between physical attackers and casters narrowed, and the gap between enigma and other armor narrowed. I extremely hate to see a pvp match where all the players are teleporting endlessly.

The way is simple. Change the mana cost of tp to: max (current value, 1/3 of MANA REMAIN). This allows an endgame bowazon with ~250 mana to tp 6 times, not bad. Physical attackers can quickly recover all their mana with one or a few attacks (multiple shot, strafe, zeal, ww…). Casters need to control their tp pace, or they will not be able to cast any spell soon. For example, an es lsor with 2500 mana will have ~100 mana left after tp 8 times continuously, nearly a dead meat. Casters without insight support must be even more careful. Teleport is still good to pass blockades or to avoid damage, but is never an imba skill in pathfinding.

2 Likes

teleport destroys hole game skipping hole game no fun anymore

i think thats a good way
teleport back to the location you last teleported from
then you can still teleport back and forth without getting too far off the screen. For example, you teleport forward then you have 8 seconds to go back to the same place with the same teleport skill and if you sit out the 8 seconds then you can teleport forward again without going back and that repeats itself or keeps going back and forth all the time without any CD.
so you either have normal teleport with 8 sec CD or forward back without CD all in 1 skill

2 Likes