Amazon Dodge Bug

I play an amazon and to get valkerie u have to grab dodge/evade, no that sounds good and all but since it locks ur frames its bad news. had i known that when u take the talent u are locked from performing any actions has gotten me killed more than what the ability actually does. i ask that they fix the bug as i cannot respec to fix it or give me another respec so i can fix it and not have to create a new char.

11 Likes

same here, annoying.

It isn’t a bug that your character is immobile during the Strafe animation, that is intended. Or are you talking about the bug that happens during Strafe where if you Doidge/Avoid/Evade an incoming attack it completely negates the rest of your Strafe attacks? That bug is f***ing annoying and MUST be fixed.

4 Likes

They mean the dodge bug where your character is locked in the dodge animation and you can’t move/interact with anything until you exit the game.

5 Likes

I also get this bug, it happens if there are a lot of dodges in a short time, like hydra fireballs or fetish blowpipe needles.

2 Likes

Thank you for the insight! I’ve actually never experienced this bug, but that is probably because I main Necro and not Amazon. That sounds super annoying!

same here! amazon is not playable atm

It’s not a bug. It’s just you getting dodge locked. Way to fix is FHR!

so you are telling me that 10 mins after getting “dodge locked” i still can’t move that it’s not a bug. highly doubt it.

3 Likes

this is also why i dislike Block, Unless i have a fast recovery Block is kinda stupid as well as it mini stun locks you, Add that with dodge and other such things and yeah Get Mini Stun to death.

Sadly its not a bug, Its legit a thing its why ppl hate said skill … its f-in stupid.

This wasn’t a problem before they removed WSG.
WSG allowed you to break dodge/avoid/evade frames animation.
Now that they’ve removed WSG, they need to consider either reimplementing it back into the game, or do something like make FHR effect dodge/avoid/evade frames in the same way it effects “get hit” frames. This way the dodge/avoid/evade animations would be shorter and easier to avoid stun locks.

1 Like

I have the same issue happening to me its becoming very annoying and for people commenting on it and saying FHR it has nothing to do with it after you dodge and literally get frame locked into a spot and your character can’t do anything but stand there. Even if there is no mobs left from mercenary killing them all, the bug still persists and only fix atm for it is to rejoin or remake the game.

1 Like

I think people in this thread are talking about two different things.

There is getting “dodge locked” where you keep entering dodge animations from so many attacks and are unable to move away from it because so many animations keep occurring. This is not a bug.

Then there is an actual bug happening in D2r, where somehow the zon just stops moving, all animations stop, even the idle stand still breathing animations, and the zon completely freezes in position, unable to move or attack or do anything until it leaves the game. This is definitely a new bug that never happened in original D2.

3 Likes

Keeps happening to me with hydras. Just happened at durance lvl3 with a rare tiara just out of reach (since I couldn’t move ofc). When this happened earlier in throne room I got released by getting hit from a new monster.

If this is specific to D2R maybe it’s worth trying to press G when this happends, I’ve had other visual glitches be fixed by swapping to classic and back, didn’t think about it this time.

Happens often enough so I should be able to try it soon

Yup, its the same thing back in the old Diablo. Sadly they never fix it :frowning:

They need to fix the bug.

+++ Please pay attention to this issue!

Yup herd about this bug and now experienced it just before attacking Meph, was all locked up…never had this issue back then. IT"S AN OBVIOUS BUG THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BLIZZZZ!
Luckily I created the game and had my alt come and keep the progress saved so I could log back in and continue.

Also happens to me all the time… specially with hydras and other projectile monsters, I get stuck in place and the only thing that can unstuck me is to save and exit…

This needs a fix, BADLY