Amazon Decoy bug: one hit

There is a topic for this on the other bug report forum, but since I can’t post there…

Amazon’s Decoy skill is currently broken. After playing for a period of time, the decoy goes from fine to dying in a single hit from literally anything.

I play a level 89 bow Amazon in online mode. Not ladder, not hc. This only started recently with the new ladder season.

I can’t find any specific trigger…it just suddenly has no ability to withstand attacks. The only fix seems to be starting a new game, but it always happens again eventually.

Playing on PS5, but it seems like the problem is not limited to consoles.

2 Likes

Hey,

I can confirm that I have been seeing this bug myself. It apears randomly and only rejoin the server/game solves the issue.

My first guess was that the error might be bugging when the decoy is getting cursed, but not really sure if it the correct observation.

Please fix this, because playin bowzon is kinna hard without a decoy :frowning:

2 Likes

Hello,
can we please get an update on this ? it is really annoying and dangerous to hc Amazons.

Thanks

1 Like

It would be awesome to hear something about this from Blizzard, at least acknowledging that it exists and is being worked on, but from reading around the forum…I wouldn’t hold your breath. Sounds like they don’t reply much here.

The bug has killed me a number of times now because you can’t predict when it’ll happen. Throw out a decoy like usual but this time it gets wiped instantly so the enemies barely stop on their way to kill you. :confused:

1 Like

Yep I found this on my HC Bowazon while testing it out with my Val and Merc - Initially on first use it was great held its own against a ton of Scarabs and their charged bolt defense- Someone mentioned here or another thread could be due to Curse as well either the Val cursing or being cursed but I can’t recall what version of Val I had at the time so she could’ve cursed a Monster - I do know that I wasn’t cursed during this though - anyways 5mins later or so literally a fly’s sneeze nukes decoy and is totally useless… will test again tonight

Lvl 53 hc
Decoy lvl 3/4 (607 hp +30% life etc)
Act2 NM
Console PS5
Latest patch - offline Mode

1 Like

Yeah tested it again last night and had more or less same scenario as when it first happened cursed enemy’s and charged bolt enemy defense and it was fine then 5-10mins later happened with-out the above circumstances:/ so it really appears to be random - I didn’t however start a new game - just carried on without it and about 30mins - 1hr tried it again and was working again with-out issue … weird one…anyways won’t be playing d2r for a long time now D4 is almost here :metal:

Console ps5
Hc
Lvl 55
Act2 (NM)- same area as previous post
Using Valk(5) and Merc(Act2-might)
Latest Patch-offline

I’m getting the exact same problem with my decoy getting 1 hit. Please Blizzard look into this!

It’s frustrating that such a powerful tool Is so easily rendered mute. Please fix this, Blizzard.

1 year later and we still have this one, please please please look into it !