Am I missing the patch notes?

Hope the next patch they will fix slow loading when using TP and WP.
I have almost died couple of times because of slow WP loading!

1 Like

Get over yourself, tons of us were waiting for this fix since release. We haven’t gotten to play until this patch.

i mean…a fix about a glitch that made many players unable to play since launch is a pretty important fix.
maybe not for you , nor me since i could play since launch, but it’s a very very important fix nonetheless.

4 Likes

Im happy that Grinding Gear Games is really good about this. Sad that a huge company like blizzard can’t even communicate the simplest things to their community.

3 Likes

This was a pretty massive issue they have been dealing with… so yeah, makes sense that is it. Priority 1, get em playing.

This was a massive issue affecting some ppl and they couldn’t even play. The devs also want to get it right so that it doesnt affect those who werent affected prior to the patch.

So yeah this patch actually affects everyone.

I don’t think he’s complaining that they fixed AVX issues, I think he’s saying it seems like too little given the other issues and time since last patch. Lucky for me the only time I sometimes crash is when loading into a new game.

1 Like

Right, which is why it was the sole focus of the patch.

1 Like

Yeah exactly. Imagine the amount of extra negativity on the forum when ppl who was able to play suddenly can’t do their daily MF anymore. I’d be QQing.

TBF, that was the most important change they were working on.

1 Like

Yeah I always forgot the common sense of people on these forums. At least someone gets it.

We’re how many weeks after release and you’re just now fixing an issue that literally needed to be addressed the day it happened?

And we’re still notably worse-off with a basic feature like chat and a friend’s list from every other game in the last 15 years?

But we’re ok with it, because it’s more important to flame each other on a forum.

Derp, silly me xD

Priority 1, get em playing.

Priority 1, support people running less than minimum system requirements.

Anyone who experienced this should feel lucky that Blizzard even fixed it. No other software company in the world would put that much effort into fixing an issue effecting players who are not even using the minimum system requirements.

^

Try running original D2 without meeting their minimums. They were already low, but it was possible, and the load screens were hilarious. I remember yelling at that one friend with the most budget PC while we all waited for him to take a waypoint.

EDIT: I didn’t really get my point across, but that one person didn’t really get to play the game. He randomly crashed a bunch too. Not meeting minimums in a video game means you don’t buy the video game.

If that were 100% true, they wouldnt be bothering with it, now would they?
I havnt read up all the way on this AVX issue, but sounds like they had to fix this because of what they promised their min spec to be and overlooked AVX.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the now-removed stickied post about the no longer applicable AVX issue said that even though it was only affecting systems below requirements, they were looking into it anyway. Don’t know if you can dig up unstickied posts to confirm/deny this…

EDIT: Yep, not having AVX was beneath minimum requirements, but they fixed it anyway: Advanced Vector Extensions Issue Update as of 10.5 “While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec, we want to try to ensure as many people as possible can play.”

1 Like

If that were 100% true, they wouldnt be bothering with it, now would they?
I havnt read up all the way on this AVX issue, but sounds like they had to fix this because of what they promised their min spec to be and overlooked AVX.

Well, actually it is 100% true. The minimum requirements are Intel Core i3-3250 3.5GHz or AMD FX-4350. Both of which support AVX. The people who had AVX issues are running something manufactured before 2011, or are using a business class processor, both of which do not meet or exceed the minimum requirements.

However, Blizzard did say D2R should not require AVX Support and apparently identified an issue with the game engine, which was requiring it.

So yeah…these guys should feel pretty lucky that they even cared to fix the issue.

It’s just that coming from WoW, this slow of a rate of patching issues is jarring. During new content weeks, for a couple weeks after you can expect modest patches every day/couple of days. I know it’s a smaller team, but it’s also a smaller game.

Right, they realize they created a problem, found said problem, fixed said problem (maybe?) kudos to them.

1 Like

I’m having performance issues on all settings with a 1070 and 7700k, the fact that this is now supposed to run on hardware over a decade old makes me think the problem isn’t my rig.

Despite the patch notes only having this one thing, it feels like my game client runs better and loading seems faster too. Not sure if this is just placebo but it feels really good right now.