Allow direct transformation between Wolf and Bear

If the Idea (or one of the ideas) behind the Metamorphosis RW was alternating between both forms, the druid should be allowed to transform directly from wolf to bear or bear to wolf. It’s very inconviniant and takes a lot of time to shift back to normal form in between. Also the casting animation should be faster. It just doesn’t feel good to use both forms, because it takes a huge amount of time (and is risky). Also it would be nice if we could teleport in Wolf or Bear form. I know it feels a little unfitting to a wolf or bear, but I’d say we can pay this price for the sake of balance and joy.

16 Likes

Much better idea - disable buff of both forms at same time, that’s it. no need to go around, buff process for barb become less tedious.

2 Likes

swap from human ,wolf.human.bear.human.wolf , after a few hour is just so painfull , human form need to be skip, is just so bad in the middle of the fight be in human form in melee , all debuff with no melee skill , iknow is 3 min but is still painfull

4 Likes

i support this, and werewolf/bear forms should be able to cast cta buffs too

6 Likes

Currently you cant even have the buffs then recast battle orders.

1 Like

I tried the ptr just now and yes, going from wolf to human to bear to human to wolf is extremely clunky and annoying.

i also have a hard time knowing when the effect has worn off, wish there was tiny icons somewhere that told me what effects were on.

2 Likes

+1 for bear => wolf without going human. BO shouldn’t stack with the +40% Imo(Also BO should cap at 50% max :P)

1 Like

as i recall, bo only works with raw life, not with % or with + vita, so no changes should be necessary there.

1 Like

Also on the side of instant form swaping. It’s just alowing to cast forms, while in form.

Didn’t know you couldn’t do this. That is going to be a problem. As any Lycan Druid can tell you. Its not merely a convenience.

Also would like that melee skills default to normal attack in human form, at least. Less of an issue on PC than it is on console.

Feral rage, charges also increasing the uptime on castable spells like ‘Armageddon’ would be a convenience.

If you allow switching between both, what is going to be the difference?
The idea is to have different builds - wolf and bear… What kind of build will be bear and wolf!!!
Can you please stop with this type of suggestions…
Lets just remove bear and wolf and give the skills to be used as a human… WTF

2 Likes

+teleport would be good too

1 Like

And a buff/debuff meter/counter.

2 Likes

If I recall it correctly, when this RW was pitched to DBrunsky they said the Intention is to use both forms. This makes sense and sounds fun to play. Anyway this change is mandatory. Otherwise I’m sure no one wants to play like this actually.
By the way I’m also against more pre-buff options. It’s fine if the effects are limited to druids pelts.

Even if this was the intention, it does not mean that it is good one, right?
The lore itself if you want, the whole history of the game, wolf and bear are 2 different classes … with own specifics !
The item is just pre-buff and still use only ONE of the forms…which is so bad!
If they want to apply fix on the bear or wolf builds, just change the skills, instead of making this weird item… Just apply the “new 2 mechanics” into respective wolf/bear form and leave the helm with the stats below.

1 Like

This needs to happen for the Metamorphosis RW to be viable.

1 Like

Consent to direct transformation and casting frame time reduction/disagree with allowing teleport in shapeshifting state

"Druids ONLY"should not be given preferential treatment to teleport. It makes no sense to only allow teleport in a situation where the FHR frame is low in the transformation state, the FB is fast, and the life is increased. Sorceress with enchantment magic transforms into bear form with runeword beast, wears energy shield and ice armor, teleports to 105 FC, buffs 77k fire damage, and kills one hit only to target mob with one normal attack. Terrible… Does everyone want to see a zoo?

This. I like shapeshifter but I wouldn’t use this helm even though the buffs are nice. It’s just so clunky and hard to use properly.

3 Likes

Agreed, it’s very clunky and Metamorphosis is unuseable w/o direct transformation.

2 Likes