So I just logged in this morning and all of my characters are gone. A lvl 88 sorceress, 78 paladin and 61 assassin. What the hell is this? Anyone else or am I just the lucky one?
I was just playing and now when I log in it’s just a black screen. Wonder if servers took a dump.
Edit: got in and yeah, all characters are gone…
People on twitter saying similar.
Yeah, same thing here
Same here.
Login Failed, had to terminate D2R by Alt+F4 and now my sorc is gone.
Same yes. happened to me as well.
Yeah same, must be a crash
Same, character creation also results in an error.
Same thing is happening to me, it must be something with the servers or authentication. Seems to take forever to pull up the account and then no characters are there.
Same here. I’ll be there waiting, I think server is down, well hopefully…
Well, happy to hear it. Misery loves company. 
Same here, all characters missing with no maintenance warnings at all to be found.
Same here just now …
servers down the dumpster again It seems
Just happened to be as well, about 5 minutes ago.
I think Blizzard’s game server has some issue. The authentication server is fine.
The game froze while entering game a few minutes ago and then on exit/re-entry, all characters were missing.
Lost 2 characters myself
yup same
characers bla bla bla
Same here, all characters gone…
Great way to start the weekend. On call team better not be hung over.
Anyone know if blizz has made a post (here or social media) about this yet?