Adding more prebuffs is not a proper fix, just a bandaid

( repost as i meant to post this in ptr feedback and not general)

look i appreciate you guys are starting to notice and are attempting to address issues we have known about in d2 for many years.

more attack speed amazing for melee characters which are a joke compared to casters
( hustle’s burst of speed prebuff)

and wolf and bear drastically need help.
(metamorphosis prebuffs.)

you guys are in the right area trying to fix this. and i appreciate that your trying now

but you cant just slap on runeword bandaids.

you need to fix the skills themselves
wolf needs to be able to swap directly to bear midfight without going human if you expect both to be used. wihout that metamorphasis is just a another clunky prebuff thats takes us out of combat we need to use every 2 min. as swapping to human in combat is effectively instant death.

rabies would a 4-6 second duration cap and hopefully another 20% synergy. no amount of damage increase can fix this its the duration is extended every time the damage is increased. as those just cancel each other out

fury bug being able to be interrupted is still not fixed.

i appreciate the love you’re giving to my wolf, i really do. but all these runewords are just bandaids. you need to fix the skills themselves.

the more bandaids u add the harder it will be to fix the skills later on. because the more bandaids u all the more they hurt being pulled off once the injury is gone, if you even can at that point.

5 Likes

Skill changes are nice and all but ill take anything we can get at this point for melee and physical builds to try and bridge impossibly huge gap between casters and melee/phys builds.

the gap really isn’t a “damage” gap but a “lack of aoe gap”

4 Likes

And also lack of range. Most casters have damage, AoE and range; on the other hand fighters maybe deal plenty of damage (Grief, CB), but still need to approach every single monster and kill them one by one, which severely limits farming speed even if every monster died from one hit.
The lack of range is also an obvious disadvantage in HC.

1 Like