Add Damage to Leap to Create Leap Barb Build

Currently, leap is a useful skill, also providing synergy to leap attack. However, it can be improved by adding damage, and make for fun dedicated build Leap Build.

We currently have warcry that functions to immobilize enemies, while providing damage (inadequate damage) so why not also provide leap with damage, to allow for a full Leap Build?

In addition to providing damage directly via Leap, provide synergy damage bonus to leap, via skills such as

• Leap Attack (Good Compliment) 15% Damage per level
  • Bash (Good compliment “knocks them back”) 25% Damage per level
  • Warcry 25% Damage per level
  • Battle Orders (Good utility skill for additional damage) 15% Per Level

Of course, the more damage the better, but it does not need to be huge. A damage comparative to warcry would be quite good ( remember, leap will hit less than warcry due to not having faster cast rate )

For Example

Leap providing +3 Damage per level (low for low-level skill acquisition and multi hit ability)

Level 20 = 60 damage per leap
Level 20 with all the above synergies = 1020 damage per leap
Level 50 = 150 damage per leap
Level 50 with all the above synergies = 2550 damage per leap

If utilizing a leap attack barbarian build with standard 20 Battle Orders and 20 Leap Synergy Bonus, level 20 leap would provide 420 damage per leap.

Leap attack already has an AOE that can hit, it ranges from 2k - 4k when you specialize in it with the right combat charms and gear. Its trash damage though. Because it is reduced by 1/6th for pvp then further reduced with DR% making it useless.

Yes, I realize Leap attack has a small radius of inadequate AOE damage. However, I am referring to Leap rather than Leap attack. Rather than only knocking back opponents, I would like to see Leap provide some damage as well, enough to allow for its own dedicated build (Even if merely a meme build) at high levels and max synergies; similar to that of warcry.

so you want to take the skill that has damage in an aoe, remove it from that skill, and put it on the skill that currently has no aoe damage, but make it have more damage than the skill that currently has damage?

You know what, sure man, lets get nuts.

No, i dont want to remove any damage from Leap attack. Its AOE is a small radius ( too small)

I do want to add AOE damage to leap, to create a full leap build that can produce a small moderate AOE damage.

I’m not sure if you are being serious or if English isn’t your first language. One or the other seems to be the real issue here. Trolling or bad English. If it’s bad English I apologize, if not, I think you are out of your mind and trolling.

Why? I’m not suggesting massive damage from a 100 point skill investment, but rather some moderate damage, even less than warcry provides.

Warcry stuns everything it hits and provides damage, so why cannot leap do the same?

Even at low / mid level, given that this is a low level skill, the damage I suggest is very low.

Leap is a COMBAT skill, so where is the damage? Does the Paladin have any combat skills that do not provide damage or additional damage?

You can already get moderate damage, even less than warcry with 40 points invested into leap and leap attack. I still don’t understand what you are asking for.

A huge leap aoe stun/damage combo, something that can stun in a 20 yard radius and deal damage in that same radius?

Is that it?

Yes.

Leap attack, and leap are two different skills.

Leap attack provides a large (in terms of melee) single strike damage and lesser AOE damage.

Leap provides momentary knock back, and no damage. It should gain small damage ( I suggested +3 damage per level with a skill that cannot increase its “attack” speed) with potential for more via synergy with up to 80 more skill points investment. What I suggested is still lower than war cry, that stuns for an extended period.

Ok good luck in your endeavor.

1 Like

Leap is fine. When capped leap is actually a really solid crowd control skill especially if you’re with others and you run into a hive of souls you can just leap leap while your party runs past to safety.

Leap attack’s aoe damage really needs to be adjusted. What they really need to do is to add the ED blue text weapon damage to the aoe damage which would incentivize using it with a two hander and probably pump the synergy bonus to 30% instead of 20.

Right now you can do like 2-3k aoe damage with end game gear. That’s with like a +42 leap attack. However, if they bump up the synergy bonus it should get to about 3-4k and if they add weapon damage to it a big ole ebotd thundermaul would add like 3-5.5k which is much more manageable and would do good damage in low plevels and one shot swarm enemies.

Right now, the best leap attack set up is grief/lawbringer or grief/phoenix shield. Theres no reason why these two set ups should be better than two handers at single target but that goes into the fact that two handers need to be completely rebalanced across the board.

The point is to not have it strictly crowd control anymore, but to include some pathetic meme damage with it also. That is about all my suggestion would do, even at the to levels; meme damage, unless using high level in low level games. However, it would be fun.

Regarding leap attack, 5.5k area damage is nothing, unless as you said, you are in low level games (at a high level), compared to what other classes can output. Casters output tens of thousands, if not well over 100k+ per second, why cant barbarians?

Ive been testing leap attack out and sadly the best way to play leap attack is to dual wield like every barb build. It’s not that bad though. The best thing about it is at high levels it has amazing attack rating.

Yes to p8 you need the best gear, charms, etc. I use grief/phoenix for demons (though you can use grief/grief for better ww). Use grief phoenix to snipe down meat bags then use full synergized grim totem. Once they have the flee 120% damage on them everything is a one shot on p8. Merc is might/pride because you want as high damage as possible for 1 shots.

I have a grief/lawbringer swap for undeads. They fixed the undead ed on sanctuary so with it active it strips the natural phys reduction on undead and gives 660% undead ed to grief. This is THE best way to play leap attack on p8 as you will almost always kill everything in 1 hit and elites in 2. Grief is killing so you don’t have to worry about lawbringers RIP so you can toss grim totem (on some undeads it only works) then mop up the little swarm undeads. Even with a 1 point ww (i use plus skills for this build because its a 1 point BO build) lawbringer buffs grief damage so much you can use ww effectively.

The best place for leap attack is in places like tal rasha’s tombs or places with a lot of undeads. Sadly CS isn’t that great because P8 pit lords just have too much defense and phys resist.

Build is 20 leap, 20 leap attack, 20 find potion, 20blade mastery, put points into berserk or Bo and prereqs.

Honestly the better version of this build js going berserk/ww barb. Zerk down a pit lord then grim totem and ww everything up. Sadly berserk is just so much better.