Act IV Mercenary

Is there no Act IV Merc, because nobody is brave enough to follow you into the depths of hell?

Or is it because Act IV is unfinished?

5 Likes

This might be your answer.

7 Likes

Unfinished. I would have liked to have an angel merc with magic damage attacks.

5 Likes

Maybe a witch doctor merc? Kind of like a mimic of the necromancer. Then we can have a merc to resemble all 5 non expansion characters. Here are the mercenaries and class resemblance:

Act 1- Rogue = Amazon
Act 2- Desert Mercenary = Paladin
Act 3- Iron Wolf = Sorceress
Act 4- None
Act 5- Barbarian = Barbarian

Or amazon

Druid or assesin are from LOD, then nope.

An act 4 merc would be cool though

How about a freed tortured soul, that looks like an undead, and has necromancer skills. It can be a new quest, free x tortured souls, so they can aid you in battle. Can cast Bone Armor, Bone Spirit and Decrepify.

1 Like

Been saying it for years the only mercs that make sense in hell in act 4 are monster mercs.
Yes now you to could have a balrog running around blowing fire and slicing other monsters up

Mmm I wanna hire a grotesque and make some babies

Well you could just think them babies will start attacking to and over time they could grow the merc option here would be endless.

They could have added some more areas and 3 more quest and 1 or 2 smaller bosses.

Dogmeat from fallout 1 please. Thanks.

I wish they made undead like abyss knight merc.

1 Like

I like the idea of having some monsters as pets, following you around, like a single permanent revive.

Like to have bone petish

I mean what would an A4 merc do?

There arent many people down in hell

I’ll take a quill rat, cute little buggers.

2 Likes

We should make Diablo 2 into a gory gothic Pokemon hybrid where we can capture all the monsters and level them up and battle with them against trainers and gym leaders/bosses and do quests and stuff before going against the Elite Four of Andariel Duriel Mephisto and Baal before facing off against the Champion, Diablo. Cain can be like Professor Oak. Tyrael can be like our mom. Our Rival can be like, uh…The Dark Wanderer (have him show up in every act). Guys this is gonna be great.

Decrepify would be too much to ask for. That would have to be at least a mid game thing you can achieve from Lawbringer which requires a Lem rune. How about Confuse, Life Tap, Iron Maiden, or Weaken? People could choose from 1 of the 4 options depending on their preference. I liked the idea of Bone Armor and Bone Spirit.

I’d suspect it’s simply a remnant from vanilla Diablo II, where mercenaries were temporary (it was lost on death, couldn’t follow you to the next act, and couldn’t have equipment). They were a nice way to mirror Diablo I with a Rogue for act I, a Warrior for act II, and a sorceror for act III.
As such, it didn’t make sense to have a mercenary in act IV. It also allowed the fight against Diablo to be “1 on 1” (barring the Necromancer’s summons).
Maybe the lack of quests 4 to 6 (and loads of waypoints) in act IV is due to act IV being unfinished, but I don’t think it’s the reason there’s no mercenary in that act.

1 Like

People arnt looking for work in hell