Accidentally sell issue

Hello Blizz.
Yesterday I accidentally sold my 16-15-8 Annihilus to Malah by using Cltr while selling stuff. I’ve discovered, that dispite merchant had free space, I could not buy my Anni back.
To be honest - it frustrated me hard. I desided to quite playing no matter I have lvl 91 Assassin on HC ladder.
I know, you can’t restore my lost. I just asked you - made items like Annihilus not sellaible to merchants or add some confirmation feature for selling those items.
Cincerelly, Alchem1sT

2 Likes

It would be a nice QoL to buy back all items (except sojs for obvious reasons).

2 Likes

I’d rather them have a way to set an item to be unable to be dropped/sold/traded at all.

Try to keep your charms on 1 side and place the tomes as a barrier between the charms and the rest of the inventory.
Won’t get you the anni back I know, but might prevent you from selling useful things again.
I don’t expect them to make changes that impactful soon though, they hardly manage easier things without breaking things on the other side.

4 Likes

That’s why you have to double check what you sell. I have never had this problem, maybe you are stressed ?

1 Like

Not sure why they made it so you cant buy back these items, but that cracked sash is right there ready for a re-buy…

All sales final, if I was the vendor I would retire. That being said I wouldn’t be mad if a lock option was introduced.

I wrote that I sold it by using Ctrl, but thank you for your obvious advises.
The point of my post - ask Blizz to add some feature, which prevent such unpleasant loss

or make it so you can buy them back. there are plenty of items that merchants just keep for them self.

Yes I know how you did it… Everyone has done it atleast once, or knows someone who did and now takes precautions lol…

This is why you keep those high value charms and items in the far end of your stash, left or right, near the cube or under your TP book or something, and any items you pick up to sell, are on the opposite side.

Yeah… I dont really understand the mechanic of this, out of all the whiners who call things bad mechanics in their spam threads, this one never comes up much, and this actually is a bad mechanic of D2!

1 Like

In other words, “I’m a moron and want the game made more idiot proof for people like me”. Your post reminds me of that girl that put gorilla glue in her hair, because there was no warning label telling her not to. :confused:

Take some accountability, learn from stupid things you did and move on. Don’t try push the blame onto others.

1 Like

… how do u accidentally sell an anni?? nothing in the game looks like it other than mephies soulstone which cant be sold… and since u said its stats it clearly wasn’t unid

i mean im sorry but while i am for QOL changes… they dont need to make the game idiot proof.

the reason u cant buy them back is because you can only carry one. and this was a much quicker fix than trying to program the vendor to not sell it to you even if u had enough gold.

this is a partically hard mistake to make…
the most common mistakes are trying to move around HR/s and accidentally socketing them into items when your trying to swap locations

1 Like

lol I did the exact same thing with my 40/15 gheeds just yesterday

They added a countdown timer to the delete character button… We are beyond the devs not making the game idiot proof, it seems to be their main objectives vs fixing real issues like the game list and lobby that actually matter to real players

1 Like

If only we’d known about this issue for the past 20 years and had come up with solutions to prevent this from happening… oh well.

well that was becuase they made the button an X which looked like the “go back” button… and there was no confirmation and it was a REALLY easy mistake to make.

selling an anni to a vendor by accident isnt exactly easy, to have to really not be payuing attention to be trying to sell icons that looks mephies soulstone

i have dropped both ym anni and torch on the floor in the middle of a baal run when trying to link them… but selling them to a vendor? thats pretty difficult to mess up

the worst mistake we all make is trying to swap an item with a HR. i NEVER move a run lem + into a slot that isnt empty… even still i have had my click accuracy so bad i accdently socked a 4/5 lightning facet in a 3 soc claw

It was a fancy X directly below the character list, and yes, it had a pop up confirmation that clearly said " are you sure you want to delete your character" with a Yes or No below, for which you had to click Yes to… There was already a 2 stage process, it wasnt like a hot key to auto delete, which I hear the controllers had or something, which did warrant attention.

No, it was idiots not paying attention and refusing to take any smidgeon of responsibility for their own ignorance. Clicking that button instead of the GIANT EXIT GAME bar below the actual menu bar, to exit the game, is and was idiotic.

Now we have that countdown and a trash can, yes a trash can in a medieval themed game, instead of functioning lobby and game list.

Ah this thread again. You aren’t the first, and you will certainly not be the last. It is one of the unforgiving parts of the game. And it’s been this way forever. Just be careful.

I’d like to see an undo button for when you accidentally sell something so you don’t lose it forever whether the merchant has free space or not

an innocent miss-click