Accidentally deleted my D2R character

Well you can add me to the list now level 86 hammerdin is r.i.p. after dropping my controller on my foot

4 Likes

See this, this is a different issue. There should not be a hot key on your controller to delete character.
RIP your Din.

2 Likes

Also just deleted my sorc by accident trying to close the game. Why isn’t there an option to undue like in WoW?

2 Likes

Why did you not click the Exit Game button or better yet, hit escape?

Just deleted my sorc by accident with the red x thinking I was exiting the game. Super upset.

1 Like

Bummer. UI is garbo. :frowning:

PC patch was released today but made no changes to the UI. Here’s to hoping it’ll be in the next one.

I’m double in the same situation. Lvl 67/81 sorc down the drain due to my thumb naturally hitting the square then x button when picking up the controller (ps4 controller on pc) I am done until the ui gets changed or at the very least the hot key removed from the delete character button…(really who thought this was a good idea)

2 Likes

feel your pain, as i said earlier i deleted a 82 sorc with tals and a newly id’d shako lol. still feeling that burn as we speak

i suggest they add a countdown after the delete character button is pressed. you cant confirm you want to delete the character until like 5 seconds have passed or something

1 Like

I did the same thing yesterday , same shako with tal aromr .
I really hope BZ cares about Players then help us to restore our chars…

1 Like

I didn’t have much high gears, but definitely put in a good 20 hours to get to lvl 69 with some normal gears.

I don’t have much time to grind, so this like 2 hours a day for me since release. I can’t beleive i logged out but press delete instead. This is sad… I lost my char and now lost hope to playiing the game again…

Bet you never make that mistake again.
Lesson learned.
Sorry you lost your character,

A window pops up that is center screen and more than big enough to let you know you are about to delete a character.
You have to click again “yes” to finally delete it.

Two separate clicks in separate location on screen will do it.

This is not so true about controller players. My deleted sorc was the second since release. Other players have done it by just dropping the controller. Having the delete character mapped to a button on the controller is a flaw that needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

not at all, especially when different systems (ie switch and xbox) have their buttons switched. so if you played on the switch for a while then switched to xbox you could easily delete your chat which happened to me

not including the fact if you are switching characters fast while muling this can happen as well

lets not act like “two button clicks” is any type of safe guard

maybe with a keyboard and mouse, but not with a controller at all. especially when it’s very easy to misclick a button

I do agree, controller should be adjusted.
Small red X bottom right of the screen where no Exit button has ever been in standard UI, fully user error.

I haven’t actually played since, and won’t until this is addressed. Accidentally pushing the X and then A button on the gamepad is too easy of a mistake to make no matter how careful one is. My thumb literally grazed the X when I pushed A, and that was enough.

Adding a requirement to type delete, programmatically speaking, is not hard and I’m expecting it to be done soon given the widespread nature of the issue. Therefore, I’m holding off until then.

Went to try controller for the first time on this game…. Just accidentally deleted my level 87 Sorceress with full gear to solo Hell. Very upset, there has to be a way to get our characters back :frowning:

I just installed Windows 11 and wanted to try out auto hdr with diablo 2. So I plug the hdmi into my TV and turn my controller on.

The controller was on but wasn’t working so I was mashing buttons to try go get it to respond. I look up and it says ‘’ deleting character ‘’
Wouldn’t you believe it? I deleted my level 85 350mf sorc with over 100 usd of stuff on here.

I have a level 1 paladin right under her I could have deleted too.

I feel really defeated now, might have to have a break and come back in 6 months or so. I just wasted over 100 hours of farming now.
The last thing I want to do now is redo all of that. I got so lucky with some drops, and people willing to rush me. In 6 months people won’t be like that, everyone did now because we were all doing it together.
Instead of farming I feel like waiting until the market settles and just buying the gear I want for a pally, barb and light sorc for pvp / ubers with fg instead of farming it. Might save me lots of time in the end. Shame tho I was really enjoying listening to music and farming.

I really wish if made you type delete like wow does. Or let us undo it. I thought the yellow undo button next to x was undo delete like in d3 so I got excited.

I feel like our characters need to be restored too

It sucks because the games so good.