About servers population

Hello everyone! Since I can’t run D2R because I have weak laptop, was wondering about playing in the legacy servers. Are the servers still alive (Europe), like how many people are playing if anyone knows?

The ladders are still populated, Europe and US East being the most popular. JSP still has a Classic trading community.

If you’re going play Classic D2 use a wrapper. I use Sven’s.
https://www.svenswrapper.de/english/

1 Like

Does that wrapper allow 60 fps or that isn’t allowed?

This particular wrapper goes up to 100fps, though I think 60 is the max, and it’s allowed. Also allowed is the use of a VM (I use Sandboxie) to run up to 8 different copies of the game and GoMule to mule on single player.

Sorry for any interruption. Can u tell me what settings are you using for the wrapper?

:white_check_mark: vsync
No limit fps
Static size 1024 x 768
auto refresh
:white_check_mark: desktopresolution

One last question (Im really sorry). When I close the game, its still running on the background and I have to stop it from task manager. Do you know how to stop that from happening?

Are you exiting the app from in the game? If yes I don’t know why it’s still running in the background. Try right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator. Also click properties and try running an XP service pack - mine runs on XP SP 2.

I like integer scaling, the pixel art is crisp and the colors are vibrant. But this means 1:1 if your monitor is less that 1200 pixels high. Here are wordy versions on how to set it either way. It’s a bit tricky because all options won’t be listed all the time, it is dependent upon other settings:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1x1 original pixel = 2x2 actual pixels
(must have monitor => 1200 height)
(x=checked, o=unchecked)

1. reset via std/export -> restore default values
   mainly noting deltas from these defaults

settings
x		captured mouse			if you don't do this it will run way past right border
1600x1200	static size
x		desktop resolution		checked, vert int scaling, unchecked a full vert stretch

extentions
x	GL_EXT_vertex_array			more efficient
o	GL_ATI_fragment_shader
o	GL_ARB_fragment_program
x	GL_EXT_paletted_texture			this takes precedence over 2 just above it, more efficient
x	GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette		all share same pallet, uncheck if problems seen
o	GL_EXT_packed_pixels			if emulating 8 bit textures, which i don't think we are?
o	GL_EXT_texture_env_combine		for transparency, but i have it already. switch if problems
o	WGL_EXT_swap_control			can control vert sync. do i need to? i don't think so
x	WGL_ARB_render_texture			this and supersampling required if scaling is done by glide

back up to renderer
x		supersampling			requires WGL_ARB_render_texture to be on. use if scaling via glide
x		no gamma			checked=darker, unchecked=lighter, both look good

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1x1 original pixel = 1x1 actual pixel
(a little small, but looks great!)

std/export -> restore default values

settings
checked		captured mouse
800x600		static size
checked		desktopresolution

renderer
checked		no gamma			checked=darker, unchecked=lighter, both look good

extensions
checked		GL_EXT_vertex_array
unchecked	GL_ATI_fragment_shader
unchecked	GL_ARB_fragment_program
checked		GL_EXT_paletted_texture
checked		GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette
unchecked	GL_EXT_packed_pixels
unchecked	GL_EXT_texture_env_combine
unchecked	WGL_EXT_swap_control
unchecked	WGL_ARB_render_texture