A rant... just venting

Hello Everyone.

I have hit a wall. I’m in Hell Act V with the 3 ancients on top of the mountain blocking any progression. Have been in this predicament for months now. Can’t seem to make any progress.

When I fight the ancients I am doing almost zero damage. My follower dies quickly unless I constantly pump potions, the Valkyrie does a bit better and keeps me in the fight longer but since I’m doing almost no damage that doesn’t help much.

I guess I need a decent bow, I have just a level 36 Double bow with the Harmony runeword. Other than an edge bow for the price discount that’s it.

My amazon is at level 87. I play solo at players 1, anything over players 3 and I just get destroyed and don’t do much damage.

I am following the Fire and Ice amazon build from Icy Veins website as closely as I can.

Honestly I’m about ready to give up. Can’t find any gear that allows me to progress and it all gets so tedious after awhile of banging my head against a brick wall. For those who stick with it, I really commend you.

My goal is to beat the game in Hell level solo. After a long time playing I’ve never done that. And frankly it looks like I won’t, at least not with this gear. People tell me just get a grand matron bow or this bow or that bow or this and that amulet or piece of gear, ya well… easier said than done. Being able to vent and rant on occasion helps.

Anyway, I’ll stop moaning and get back to grinding for better gear, at least for now. Or maybe go play D3… GLHF everyone.

If you’re playing a fire or cold bowazon, you don’t need a higher damage bow as much as you need +skills.

Try and get a 3 socket Matriarchal bow to make a Melody runeword. You can get +3 bow skills on the bow itself and Melody gives another +3.

You can find Matriarchal bows pretty much anywhere in hell difficulty, if you find a plain +3 matriarchal bow, you can try your luck with the cube recipe that gives you a random number of sockets on the item.

Alternative, if you’ve found either a Wizendraw, Kuko Shakaku or Lycander’s aim, you can use those as well.

While we’re at it, try and buy a lower resist wand from the shops and gather Ort runes to recharge the want after use.

What are your stats, skills, mercenary and items looking like?

Hello there,
if you are runing the fire and ice amazon, then, my advice is to make an Insight polearm for your merc, also, take the defiance merc from act2, and then make yourself a Melody bow, 3 sockets, Shael Ko Nef, it gives you +3 bow skills, and with your build your power will come from + skills. Insight is a great midgame bow only if you are runing physical bowa. And try to gamble for any amulets and circlets with + skills for you character. I hope this can help you