A quick PTR / 2.5 Update

yeah, please make this stuff NL. I never bother with the ladder

2 Likes

Don’t think the devs left working on D2R are the best nor are in great quantity

Seriously all this time to make terror zone… something that would have taken like a day or 2 for PD2 devs

3 Likes

Can we stop it with the ladder exclusivity?

I really don’t care to chase that 99 on some dumb score board. I have a life to live outside the game, so I play for pleasure, which means that I’d like to keep finding cool items, trading and making and leveling more characters as I find/make build-enabling items for them. I understand that playing from scratch and “fresh economy” are appealing to many, but obviously not to others. I play solo or with missis/friends, do a bit of trading and that’s been a jolly good time since the game dropped last September. If anything - I’d like a higher character limit, because I’ve reached mine ages ago (various builds + mules).

Terror Zones sound fantastic to me. I don’t have the time or the patience to keep grinding Baal, nor do I have the urge to join random people’s games (outside of trading). Having a rotation of maps that have increased monster levels for exp/drops is MASSIVE for solo players and I can’t say that I’m against it one bit, considering the alternatives.

Ideally - TZs and ladder runewords should appear in SP, while I’d be ok with just the TZs making it to non-ladder. Ideally I’d want the runewords in NL too, but let’s give the kids something to salivate over so they play the fresh game again, that’s fine.

Obviously I’m personally not bothered when the next season starts, but find it funny how others can’t wait a couple of weeks. It’s obvious that whatever the next upgrades are (TZs being the major one) - it makes more sense to nail them and THEN do a season with it all working properly. Being utterly incapable of waiting a couple of weeks for a better experience is just ludicrous, there’s no debating that, so those people can just be safely ignored. The game won’t die because Joe Compulsive couldn’t get his same-as-before ladder fix 2-4 weeks earlier.

Hammerdins got a mention here as well. Smells like a potential nerf? I’d be SUPER careful touching that, because while the hammer damage is relatively big - the vulnerability of being stationary for a long time casting (without the Enigma) and the pattern the hammers follow (truly annoying, c’mon…) make this build not as pleasurable to play as something more varied and mobile, like a javazon or a sorceress (IMO, anyway - and I love my pallys!).

To sum it up:

1. TZs are fine and I welcome this new way for us filthy casuals to reach higher levels on our characters playing solo.
  2. I don’t feel like hammerdins need touching
  3. HIGHER CHARACTER LIMIT ON BNET (seriously… if you’re gonna force us to mule stuff because nothing stacks - increase that limit. Also the current limit isn’t really enough to cover the character+build variety and a couple of mules anyway)
  4. More SP and non-ladder content, please. Not everyone gives a toss about the ladder. TZs are a must for NL!
  5. Don’t sweat the S2 start time. Do it when it’s ready and proper. The nerds can wait.
7 Likes

blizzard is a small indy company witch can’t give to players even a ladder reset once every 4 month, i’m not talking about any really new content or desired QOL changes. Terror zones are joke in turms of “devoloping new content” coz it’s not a new content it’s a joke and this joke hold us from getting S2 start coz even with that joke they can’t be in the schedule.
Pathetic

1 Like

SURELY you are patient enough to wait a little bit for a more exciting and better S2… right…?
Throwing your toys out the pram yelling “I want new ladder NOW NOW NOW!” isn’t wise in this case.

If you want to grow your peepee and have a “fresh start” - go start your own “ladder” in SP, see how hardcore it can get screwing around for a rune drop when you can’t trade :wink:

Totally agree that we could stop with the ladder exclusivity

But then there needs to be something attracting people to play ladder

What could it be?

Actually it’s pretty easy and already tough of

Multiple ladders

With these kind of activities you could have

• a pvp leader board

• a exp leaderboard

• a bounty leaderboard

• a super Unique hunting leaderboard (both quantity of kill and level of empowerment)

• a circles of hell depth leaderboard

• a % game clear leaderboard

Add Ssf to this and people care so much more about the integrity of those ladders

I dont like the idea of 45lifers and 451scs being more common in the future due to Terrorzones.
Also I dont like Terrorzones to be the new thing to reach 99.

Both these changes alter the game too much.

Easy solution
, cap Terrorized Areas at lvl87 and give other incentives like increased mf and drop rates

current playercount(x+2)
mf +100
25% chance for a shrine to spawn as superchest

thx bye

As much as I want the tz to bring something fresh, I agree. I’d be fine pumping out another season and waiting for the update if need be. This can give the chance to sp and nl players getting tz too.

1 Like

Yeah I’m also in the boat that this isn’t what was most requested or even needed. Currency tab and loot filter are the top two feature requests, and buffing unique items to actually be competitive with runeword is right there with it.

Don’t nerf one person’s fun just because someone else doesn’t like it. Boost the others to be effective and fun on their own. Also, this absolutely should be on non ladder as well.

My controversial opinion is to either remove or severely limit immunities. I think they were the start of build diversity being limited. Keep champions or elite enemies with the immunities if you must, but I’m just not a fan. Of course, my first two points are far more relevant and important for me.

1 Like

Hey hey hey! I have kids now :angry:

1 Like

Imagine you could made runes and gems stacking + loot filter or at least rune and gg items notifications for s2 on time, then work on TZ, but u have to messed up as always!!! Like no one ask for top mentioned changes, but all and mrlllama ask for easier exp, just because he die like noob on cs and wasn’t 1st…

4 Likes

i agree! i’ve got a fair few NL characters in the mid to low 90’s from before ladder started and will gain a few more once season 2 starts (as i’m sure a lot of us will). It’d be great if terror zones came to NL as i’d love to push towards getting a handful of these to 99 now that this feature makes it achievable.

1 Like

Imagine if they added the Mapping system from PD2 - It would be sold as a DLC and over hyped/paid ad streamers involved like its the next Generation of ARPG D2 lmao

This sure is a salty group. I like the terror zones, do they need some tweaking? Sure, but that’s what the devs are working on. Maybe they can cap exp to Players X - something like Baal in the worldstone. Personally, I like 98% of all changes they’ve made to this legend of a game. I wish this community showed a bit more love and less angry, overbearing hysterics.

1 Like

It’s not the fact that TZs are the issue, its the Time Frame of how things are done. Im not sure if you know how things are done development wise - but they have working tool kit and sliders basically to change things. ( lets not forget diablo immortal took 4 months to change an icon of a Gem-literal still frame art- and acted like it was their idea how game changing visual )

This is how its gonna go
1 more week of w/e is on PTR now
1 more week of Hammerdin/magic mob immunes-types with density change / areas
1 more week possibly of “final changes of the previous weeks additions”

Things are changed/compiled in the slowest manner possible compared to other Studios, almost as if any/all Changes have red tape each dev has to cut through because 1 hand is tied behind their back.

1 Like

Nope… mapping doesn’t belong to D2

Leave it in mods and POe

The path took with terror zone is the right one, the only
Issue is that they stopped halfway

D2r endgame should be the existing game areas but scaled through players actions

• clearing Monsters
  • killing super uniques
  • completing questions
  • cubing stuff to empower monsters

Mapping keeps the end game and the hunt alive and 100% more fun with friends against Hardened mobs with monster mods~

Instead we do split MF groups, never really do anything together outside of baal- little to no thought for group play outside of these things.

Stale endgame is the issue, TZs will be ok for the first week or 2, Then back to normal state of things. Single player / Non-Ladder should be the normal d2 – Seasons should have a theme/content such as D3 that switches things up instead of Burn out within a month.

1 Like

if the devs would read one single comment, it should be this one.

You seem to have reading or/and understanding issues

The same effect that you attribute to maps can be achieved without maps

Take my restless evil concept for instance, ofc you can do the first ones solo, but at one point monsters become so hard that party play becomes the perk you are talking about

The same concept apllies to all my concepts

It’s maps without being maps and with player agency rather than fixed difficulty

VERY important detail here:

"Players found some of the TZ content to be easy but we also can determine what characters played on PTR who offered that specific feedback and we noticed a lot of this came from Hammerdin players. The team has some ideas on this and we will be sharing that soon. "

Please DO take your time. Postpone it AGAIN if you feel that this would be better. We are NOT in a rush; - D2 has been around for so long now, and we do NOT need any nonsense updates. Keep up the good work, do sensible updates, slowly but surely, looking forward to this going live.

1 Like