Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Discover the exciting new class balance changes, Rune Words, and more the developers are bringing to players in the upcoming Patch 2.4 PTR!

View Full Article

31 Likes

Awesome! thanks again - gonna read all this NOW! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Woohoooo! Lets goooooooooooooo!!!

Speed reading time!

12 Likes

Finally. We want to see and test it dude, dont let us into the fire to slowly burn :smiley:

JOHNNY FIVE IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
bodyisunclear

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see the changes. I wish you guys would revisit enemies resistances in hell though. Make infinity able to break all regular monsters like it does for lightning. This would make a lot more builds hell viable.

Edited with my main gripes:
-Lower the regular monster resistances to match that of storm caster’s lightning resistance so that all elemental resistances can be broken via infinity. It’s only fair.
-Allow druids to summon one kind of wolf+ a bear, or give druids the ability to summon multiple bears with a new swipe skill that can do AOE.
-Give melee skills some more love, their clear speed is atrocious when compared to a hdin or light based characted w/ infinity.
-Change how armageddon works so that it actually hits monsters frequently.
-Make Vengeance on the paladin viable.

2 Likes

Add shared stash to the classic characters on Diablo II Resurrected please

2 Likes

Wait. Summoner Druid will only spawn 3 dire wolves OR 5 spirit OR 1 bear again? Nothing changes to this?
If thats the case then is trash, Necro has Fing 30+ minions with AD curse and Druid again only 3 Or 5 OR 1?

21 Likes

I haven’t read it yet, but I’m pretty sure the game will be ruined forever, just like all the previous patches.

3 Likes

No love to Poison Necro skills makes me sad.

Love the cooldown unshackling. Might make Fire Druid the sexy it deserves.

Also the assassin physical traps and blade shield changes, Dopeness

4 Likes

Obsession
Staff
Zod + Ist + Lem + Lum + Io + Nef

• Indestructible
  • 24% Chance to cast level 10 Weaken when struck
  • +4 To All Skills
  • +65% Faster Cast Rate
  • +60% Faster Hit Recovery
  • Knockback
  • +10 To Vitality
  • +10 To Energy
  • Increase Maximum Life 15-25% (varies)
  • Regenerate Mana 15-30% (varies)
  • All Resistances +60-70 (varies)
  • 75% Extra Gold from Monsters
  • 30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Please give this Conviction Aura instead of Weaken when struck and it would be GG.

EDIT:
Tool Tip Change

+X% Damage Taken Goes to Mana

The wording is still going to confuse noobs. This should read as “Damage Taken Returned as Mana”.

3 Likes

Weaken is still pretty nice to have.
Then merc with infinity for conviction <3

Err. After reading through this. This isn’t going to shake up the meta at all. Nothing will compare to lightning characters or hdin still. Disappointed. Summoner druid will still be a joke. You didn’t remove or reduce the CD of volcano, that will still suck. You didn’t change how Armageddon works, so you can’t depend on that physical damage to kill fire immunes etc.

You need to address the fundamental problems in D2 like immunities and then do stuff like allow summon druids to have multiple bears or summon wolves and bears etc.

7 Likes

Weaken is still pretty nice to have.
Then merc with infinity for conviction <3

Still…this will not be better than Spirit Shield + HOTO and Zod is way more rare than Vex.

3 Likes

Buff to hydras looks decent… However I think it could go a step further:

Increase the damage of Hydra based on the proximity to another hydra by up to a percentage, and the percentage stacks additively. 5% per hydra? Or up to +25% damage to each hydra if 6 hydras are cast in the same spot. The percentage drops by 1 point per yard away from other hydras, dropping off completely if more than 5 yards away.

This would give the on-the-fly option of more damage, less coverage or more coverage, less damage.

Not sure if this is possible with the game code, but I think it’d be great.

1 Like

Dragon Talon

• Now consumes only 1 of each Martial Arts charge when cast
  • Now always hits the target only if the Assassin has any Martial Arts charges

Does this mean the kicker is dead? if you have to have a charge then the basic kicker model is in trouble…

1 Like

Looks like fire & lighting mercenaries from act 3 will finally be viable.

Eh I wouldn’t bet on the fire ones being viable. There’s still so many fire immunities in hell. Gl having your Merc actually attack the non immune ones.

1 Like

it’s irrelevant… no one will make this runeword having occulus…

yeah you get more FCR and resistances but nothing more to offer compared with spirit + occu combo.

that aura it’s just useless, if you get attacked as a sorc you probably gonna die or just worried about use teleport to avoid to die.
+4 skills → spirit + occu combo = it’s better
+30 mf —> occu + 50 mf
resistances +60 → occu +20 +35% from spirit = 55%
+65%FCr ----> occu + spirit 55-65% with spirit giving you other nice stats like mana and vitality.
60%FHR —> 55% spirit
Knockback—> idk if it will be good for hydra build or nova for example, probably the only good thing that this runeword have over the occu + spirit combo.
indestructible—> probably a joke by developers, because i refuse to think that they think that using spells make the duration of your weapon go down…

so if i had to choice i will get occu + spirit always over that runeword that it’s worse that we actualy have, even the occu can save your life by the auto teleport while this staff doesn’t.

i also don’t see any use of this runeword to the act3 merc (i don’t even know if they can use staffs xD).

those developers should start asking for help to the users instead of try to make runewords that are useless and don’t change nothing over what we already have.

3 Likes

those developers should start asking for help to the users instead of try to make runewords that are useless and don’t change nothing over what we already have.

While this is still in the PTR phase is the time to ask for changes.

3 Likes