250ms ping, AU server down?

I’m based in melbourne, since coming back i noticed 250ms playing on the “Americans” server, anyone else experience the increase in ping?

(Usually around 40-60ms before)

2 Likes

It’s not down, if you create your own game it will be local.

The problem is that they’re now showing us all of the games in the Americas region, not just the Australian created ones.

I’m Melbourne based and I’ve been creating my own games online and getting spikes ever since the new patch dropped…
I will be lagging and showing I have 40 ms but feels like 300+
But there are times it does show my ms spiking to 500…

The lag was bad before the patch for me, now it’s becoming unplayable online…

1 Like

Nah, it’s happening with every game I make as well
I was able to make one game today where it had 90ms, every other game is 200-300+ms

it makes hardcore unplayable, it’s pretty disappointing that this is happening to our region, but I’m not even surprised anymore

Thanks for the input, just curious did you add a command line argument or participate in PTR before the issue started happening?

Definitely very hard if HC

seeing very few lobbies, does australians still only see oceanic games and is there still no way for us to see NA games ?

it seems that way,

please let us see NA games! i dont care if i got 250ping i just want someone to play with

Yes, this seems to happen to a number of aussies for no apparent reason. My only fix is having my friend make a game for me, then leave. But thats not really a fix at all.

I’ve created a thread on the BUG Reports section, if anyone wants to like or comment there, probably gets this resolved faster for us all: (LATENCY) Can't connect to AU server but in AU - #2 by MiD-1122

Thanks

Yes. I am getting disconnected from games I make. The loading screens are also way worse now for me. I checked with psn to see if my account is Australian because I genuinely thought the D2r server thought I was in America. I was then told to go through blizzard, so I opened a ticket asking why I’m in Australia and I’m connecting to an America server and not an Asian server? They didn’t really answer me nor provide me with a solution to reduce the lag. It’s legit unplayable during the day when it’s nighttime in America. They sent me here. So I guess blizzard would prefer you to complain in an echo chamber rather than help.

1 Like

it’s a shame blizzard don’t recognise the oceanic region as being a region… I am guessing they have left this bug in place & don’t care to fix it because they hate Australians & New Zealanders

They show the lack of care in their WoW forums/game as well, we are just some overlooked dog crap customers to them

Look at the launch times for the season… they tell you the times for “North America”, “Europe” and “Asia”

If Oceania was a race, blizzard would be a mega racist.

1 Like