2.5 PTR has been running 7+ days, any news? (9/15 official news update)

No new Rune Words? NTY I Won’t Be Playing!

1 Like

Since it’s already past 12 PM PST it seems unlikely we’ll get any PTR news today, they tend to announce stuff in the morning. I shot Pez a message on Twitter, maybe he’ll answer but we’ll see.

2 Likes

He would say “fear not” once again…

Nice. Thanks. :+1: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hopefully they realized how lackluster the new additions are… there are so many more pressing issues than creating terror zones zzz…

2 Likes

more like if not next week, a right choice is week after

They’re working on implementing Fortnite-esque skins and dance moves.

There isn’t even any interest of people to keep testing the zones. Don’t get me wrong I think its not bad (obviously balance/qol changes would have been 10000% better) but its just the same mobs at the same places just stronger for an hour, just no interest as its not something quite new to keep people wanting to test/explore more and just waste time in PTR… There are surely some bugs and test that need to be done but if there are no people doing it or interested of doing it what is the point to keep it for 2 weeks…
If there won’t be any other changes like mentioned in the PTR patch note and just adjustments based on the feedback of the testing they should just announce the ladder date tomorrow and adjust accordingly if needed when the patch is live and there are actually people playing and testing. But ofc we will not get any updates tomorrow and its gonna be vacation for 3-4 days and probably next week Thursday some news how we need to test for 1 more week with minor adjustments or just the patch going live and testing for 1-2 more weeks on the official server.

The first bit of news from the PTR they already released.

“Hey guys we forgot that we said we were going to reset ladder every 3-4 months, but we do have these lame zones you can try out”

3 Likes

I just HATE it that they say something and then they don’t keep it up.

Ladder was said to last 4 months, with reasoning behind it and everything. Okay.
Now 4 months have passed and no ladder reset is even in sight, no information even.

I swear I am not believing a WORD anymore from those … and I will think 3x over before buying anything from this company.

That’s a total turnoff for me however much I like Diablo 2. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Dropped your pants? I got a ring in there last night. You might wanna get close to me at this point. Yeah, I gotta fart.

Its going to be a D2R BATTLE PASS and just like call of duty you will pay another 29.99 so you can get a free rune or two and a ugly skin until they can nickel and dime you again the next season…

Looks like no news this week. :weary:

2 Likes

I just want TZ’s to drop on Non-Ladder so I can farm them.

I actually really enjoy full clearing zones. It’s very relaxing for me

2 Likes

Yeah, looks like no news today. Probably on a 4 day weekend. Probably won’t see any comms until Thursday next week.

2 Likes

Not to sound too cynical or pessimistic, but quite honestly, the amount of work and interest you expect Blizzard to invest into a game that:

• Doesn’t have microtransactions.
  • Will be replaced by a newer iteration with MTX
  • Will likely end up on XBOX Gamepass for 15 bucks a month

Is a bit astounding. People on this forum are needing to curve their expectations to the point where it’s more of a straight drop than a curve.

2 Likes

They also don’t get that a PTR takes time to flush out concepts. It isn’t even just about the money, even though the only people funding D2R is the botters really.

4 Likes

I cant really speak for pez but a few hour post is easily done as he has much time considering its only two or 3 posts every 4 to 5 months.
I mean just look at the time scale of things. For a game to sell 5 million copies and still climbing its hardly a problem to post.

Yeah in my opinion TZ was shown in the PTR as a rough draft. They didn’t really do any manual adjustments to the monster stats.

That would take a lot of sitting down and brainstorming. I’m assuming that’s what they’re doing now.

Ladder should start Monday. No idea why terror zones need this much testing.