[2.5 PATCH] - Players vs Players R.I.P

Yes mate. Keep it up.

1 Like

Very well summarized, DHA!

Please listen to the PvP community, Blizzard. Revert these changes and let us enjoy our favourite game again.

6 Likes

Thanks, keep it up for the love of the game.

2 Likes

Can you let me know why? What comparables to 2.3 and LOD are better? I know of none…

Good post, would be nice for them to listen

3 Likes

This seems to be a seasoning of garbage that does not take users’ opinions into consideration…

At least the pvp balance was destroyed. Destruction, not resurrection.

After patch ver 2.4, The melee physics characters were created in an atmosphere where only barbarians could pvp each other.

The barbs and ASNs who enjoy the all-round thanks to stupid developers are becoming extinct.

Users have adapted for 20 years and enjoyed pvp through compromises.
(In pvp, necromancers do not use curses, revives, skeletonists, and fire golem skills, or exclude poison nova skills, and barbarian warriors do not summon oak sage.)

Unlike PK(player kill), PK[player vs player(duel)] is mutually exclusive. Because they enjoyed it through consideration and respect.

The pvp, pk We talk about is a confrontation with rules and mutual respect, noy one-sided slaughter.

1 Like

Please revert to 2.3 FHR!

2 Likes

Hey bro

Look at this!! It’s the most realistic alternative in the current meta, so please give us your opinion.
Thx. :slight_smile:

thats absolutely terrible

That suggestion of turning on/off the immunity frame would be perfect, communities could choose the option. Keep it on for public games if they want, our private team tournaments and games would thrive with proper stun.

According to me Player vs Player was destroyed long time ago.
Already in Diablo 2 LOD Version 1.09. It was destroyed by hackers who started to create bugged/hacked items, the duels were unfair & we had no chance against these players with hacked/bugged items.
We did make password protected PVP games with “legit” items only. The battles were fun & the survival did last longer.

These 3 characters were uniq on its own on the battlefield.
Amazon - The shooter.
Sorc - The teleporter
Barbarian - The runner or The Running Man.
I prefered the The Running man/Barbarian with the Grandfather Sword 248% ED socket with OHM rune + 50% ED = 298% ED.
Paladin & the Druid could compete from time to time.

We had some rules to respect the fun & the balance.
Items with “slow enemy” wasnt allowed.
Items with “Knockback” wasnt allowed.
“Atma´s amulet” wasnt allowed due to the curse.
& more, which I cant remember, but those 3 were main rules.

It was balanced & fun, back then, untill they released version 1.10.

All can teleport
All has all kinds of Auras from runewords.
We got massive of cold & slow
These uniq jewels, according to me destroyed a lot of the PVP balance & so on…

The PVP time is over & will never return.
My recommendation is to enjoy the PVM, the pvp isnt fair nor balanced, but if you enjoying it, go for it.

Yeah, I used to enjoy pvp back before 1.10 too, before Enigma. I kept pvping through much of 1.10 because it took a while to catch on, but the writing was on the wall. Most people I knew at the time dreaded it too. As more and more tele-spazzes started showing up, many of us gradually dropped off. I didn’t even make it to 1.11 with pvp and haven’t bothered since. Pvp might as well not exist anymore. Every game I’ve played with pvp since then has been better at it.

1 Like

Guys, you’re missing the point of the whole thread. It’s not talking about 1.09 vs 1.10+ PvP, they’re asking to revert the atrocious FHR change from patch 2.4 that was done SPECIFICALLY FOR PVP.

Yes, people did ask for FHR changes because WSG (a technique used to escape stuns) was “fixed” in D2R so stunlocks were much too strong, but the devs pushed it too far into the other direction where stuns are garbage which leads to the mindless spamfast that PvP is now (and before anyone says: no, 1.10+ is not a mindless teleporting spamfast, try actually looking at the technique involved instead of spouting your irrelevant “1.10 PVP BAD”).

No, we know what the thread is about, we’re just venting that it’s putting lipstick on a pig.

Like the remaster … lipstick on a pig and worse …

… BTW …

There is no pvp mode in D2, get over it.

Exactly what the Technomancer is saying.
We are not missing the point, we are trying to put lipstick on a pig. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pvp since enigma was introduced has increased the skill ceiling of this game tremendously. The patch 2.4 watered it down tremendously, we’re just looking for revision or revert to patch 2.3.

It only affects pvp, not pvm as mentioned in their patch notes.

1 Like

please revert it back to what it was prior to 2.4

1 Like

i love this post as a d2 vet whos been pvping for 15+ year si agree. The reason for these changes was when d2r eas released alot of players from other games came flooding in. They didn’t know about pvp mechanics and breaking points etc and how to build a pvp toon.

So the cried out to blizzard to make nerfs and changes that ruined pvp. These types of casual players are likea virus bouncing from game to game and demanding changes that ruin the games core mechanics. Engima helped pvp alot by raising the skillc eiling.
What you had was players just wearing random gear in d2r pvp and not understanding brekaing points for fhr, and fcr and res and balancing their toon. So they go out and get wrecked and killed and demand blizzard nerf the fhr and the wsg.

Ive seen a drastic decline in pvp games since the patch was introduced, so much folks starting dropping godly circuts and amulets on the floor that would be godly in pvp. The changes has also nerfed and buffed some classes, as assians suck in pvp now due to patch along with bowa -zons etc. Some classes like blizz sorcs become mroe powerfull and any paladin hybrid now dominate.

were taling about real d2 pvp and mechanics not about yoru unwritten pvp rules you and other tried to enforce in dueling games. This is about pvp mechanics not about no respect. I believe players like are upset runewords and and effects increased the ceiling of pvp and you yourself couldn’t adapt as their was now a increase in different pvp builds.

jewels and auras and runewords enchanced pvp, what you wan’t is pvp to be so simplistic like it was in the past so you can dominate and not have to worry about as much things in duel games.