2.4.3 hidden change to Whirlwind Damage/AR

Ww was originaly debuffed at lower levels because of how powerful it is. Now you are penalized for maxing your ww barb. Weaksauce! Why not buff it? I think 16%-25% per level is good.

1 Like

I donā€™t like the new WW. It suffers from the same problem as old WW in the early game: mana. Canā€™t use it without leech. New WW is just as annoying as old WW if you have bad gear.

Removing all the weird quirks also made the skill boring. You get slowed when frozen now. And you canā€™t do short whirls to focus your damage to a small area. I dare say that player skill is no longer a factor in how good your whirlwind is.

1 Like

Ya i think they messed up with this base attack speed thing. So you have to have 200 ias overall to get it to be as good as beforeā€¦

1 Like

Greetings,
we, barb players, would like to know the new IAS break points for the whirlwind skill or the formula used to calculate them. The matter is of importance because we need to regear already made high level hardcore/PVP/PVM characters accordingly. Specially in hardcore where good gear is scarce the info would be veeeeeeeeeeery welcome.

Try with 140ias for 0 WIAS 2h weapon like balrogblade.

1 Like

So the new meta is 6x shael pb? Lets get in on that! What next, ww now procs on hit and on attack?! Patch 2.5, WW now procs Smite on attack and has a 50% chance to cast foh on hit, and 50% chance to cast nova when hit.

1 Like

Here lies a barbarian, murdered by Blizz dev team.

5 Likes

wait so is this more in lines with the non LOD whirlwind? Cuz in vanilla D2 whirlwind just feels so much better than LOD.

I just donā€™t understand why LOD WW canā€™t just revert to how it was originally. Itā€™s way more fun. It canā€™t be that game breaking can it?

2 Likes

itā€™s kinda sad.

to experience the WW fantasy one is better off playing cyclone on PoE

2 Likes

Why make WW a horrid skill? It was never op to begin with. At this rate, you might as well revert WW to classic/pre LOD ww because it is now ruined. Back to basics i say!

I literally play the non LOD version of the game just for WW, thereā€™s no reason why it shouldnā€™t be that version

A skill nerf at above level 25 is crazy. As if the WW barb was too strong LOL.

Lets do the same to Sorc or Hammerdin above level 28 and see the rage incoming.

4 Likes

Sure, it cannot be that a character that is NOT paladin or Sorc is actually strong.

1 Like

Higher level ww should be more damage not less! Maybe ias could scale with skill points?

1 Like

Even reducing it from 8% to 6% would have been fine (though for the life of me I donā€™t know why youā€™d worry about barbs being too ā€œopā€) At least then it would have been better at rank one and scaled better or the same all the way to rank 40.

Rank 27 and over being a straight nerf though? What were they thinking?

2 Likes

What were they thinking you ask? They werenā€™t.

5 Likes

Dear Blizz Dev, if you donā€™t have any plans to revert back to old IAS calc then can you at least remove penalty on holy freeze/freeze/decrepitly? It is really hard to play as a gold find barb when it hits 1 per 100 framesā€¦

4 Likes