2.4 Skele Mage Still Needs Work

I was really hoping to see a little more love to skele mages and fire golem in these final patch notes. I wanted to play Skele Mage, Fire Golem, LR, CE as a support with my Sorc buddy but from what I understand and have tested, this build in 2.4 is still pretty far behind the normal raise skele build? So much for:

Skeletal Mages have received significant damage scaling improvements so that their elemental damage values are more consistent.

1 Like

All they did was make the cold and lit mages do about the same damage as the fire mage. They sill have low damage overall and yes it needs help. Many of us have already given our ideas over and over so I’m not going into that again.

You might try a PNova Necy, get 1 pt in revives for meat shields. You naturally use LR as your curse which makes your Sorc buddy happy.

2.4 is here, my skeleton mage are lvl 50, I did not notice any change what so ever …

Yeah from what others have said, Blizz pretty much just buffed non-fire Skeles to do about the same damage are fire Skeles lol, which is not much. Fire Golem, although way better than before is still not good enough to max out. Better to make an Iron Golem out of Insight or just stick with Clay for utility.

I think Blizz is scared to buff summons too much because of how powerful Corpse Explosion is. What I think they should do is just make CE a skill that’s needs to be leveled to 20 to get full dmg/range out of it so players have to choose full summon build or CE/1 type of skele build.

1 Like