[2.4 Patch] Pvp is compromised - Fast Hit Recovery / Stun Issue

Game developers have broken the balance that has been maintained between users for 15 years. Due to FHR not considering the pvp balance and deleted FBR, most close combat characters have lost their value of existence. D2R. OPed Necromancer and Amazon etc. that have become stupid results. It is necessary to adjust the pvp penalty division for all pvp play, proximity physical combat, magic DMG, element DMG, etc. while rollback to 2.3 ver.

4 Likes

Change was actually labeled as being intended for pvp, but it actually made pvp worse. Really unfortunate, hope the devs see these posts and take action.

6 Likes

The character who use magic needs a penalty like FHR. Most close combat characters have lost their value of existence

3 Likes

this is after 1,09 melee are just useless in pvp , allowing enigma with the 45% faster run (make any sense ) teleport spam just kill all bashing animation of the game , let melee only with a few skill playable

Barb and smiter definitively suffer from the hit recovery change. Than being said, both of them use enigma as well, so the frw is usefull for them too. I personally wouldnt remove stat from enigma. Just change the immunity window to enable short stunlock to be effective

Did you fix/revert fhr in pvp ? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Sleepy here gets it. I donā€™t even play but I have in the past but reading this entire thread proves the point in exactly why these changes were implemented in first place. Everyone one of ya will argue till your blue in the face, that you are right and PVP is dooooomed unless its reverted! Nothing anyone can say that will change your mindā€¦

Over come and adapt folks! Those days are long gone, get use to it! Cause the dev team is changing, those of you that donā€™t will be left behind.

1 Like

Its obvious you donā€™t play but thank you for your input. FHR f**** all aspects of skill in the game, you can now cast bone spear / hammers while being smited and blindly win 50% before trying. No stuns/combos matter anymore. Players can hold teleport and spam spells. Downside of casters was FHR frames for when they get caught which no longer exists. Not one person from pvp community supports this change.

3 Likes

Sorry, but, as PvP was intended for true pvp based in-game addition later and it never happened. There is no real pvp in D2.

That being said, they canā€™t even get PvM right and you want them to work on a non-existent pvp system? Seriously?

The issues with the true game are 100 times more than with what you call pvp. They canā€™t even fix those, so what makes you think theyā€™ll even consider worrying about something that was never implemented??

Think about it.

These changes need to be revertedā€¦

I cant believe how far off track this team has taken this gameā€¦

3 Likes

None of this makes sense. The FHR change designated for PVP was a negative impact to PVP that people want reverted. Why donā€™t you go kill the same AI monsters from 1998 and farm me some PVP gear because thatā€™s the only reason why your magic finding yields any value.

1 Like

wtf is that logic ? No one asked them to work for a PVP ORIENTED CHANGE that ruin the game in pvpā€¦ Its not us asking them to change the existing game. Its them doing horrible change with out being asked anything

I think it comes from the WoW camp where successive ā€œstunsā€ diminish in strength (duration), so that a team of say 5 players cannot perma-lock a mob with their stun skills (all of which have long CDs). And I think ā€œstunā€ abilities are weaker against real players (PvP).

it doesnt work like that at all in diablo 2 pvp (monster arent concerned by that change). Tho they used indeed the term ā€œdiminush return on stunā€, its a flat out lie from blizzard : instead of a progressing diminution of effectiveness of stun (which could have been interesting), you just stop stuning after someone get put into hit anime recovery just once, and that for 0.4 s (which is easily enough to cast on diablo).

Also because of the ā€œrythmā€ of the enemy attack, it often mean you wont be stun for almost 1 sec straigh, which is honestly enough to tele out of mini map if you use c/t trick ( a way how expending the range of your teleport)

4 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/game-keeps-disconnecting/133437

At least itā€™s not the D2 we know. D2R is a trash game with the shell of D2. Itā€™s like a D2 Im Motal.

4 Likes

Dear Blizzard, please help us make PvP playable and enjoyable again by fixing the broken FHR mechanic that was implemented with 2.4. Game is much less fun at the moment!

Sincerely,

3 Likes

Itā€™s really true.
Unless youā€™re going to put a dent in D2ā€™s reputation, serious reflection and restoration by the developer is imperative

5 Likes

Please, fix it ! :pensive:
Make pvp great again.

3 Likes

Iā€™m really curiousā€¦ Why canā€™t legacy Diablo 2 be implemented in D2R as it is?

Copywriting is really good in some countries, but how about outsourcing it there? Iā€™ve seen the ability of Blizzard developers to create nothing similar.

Itā€™s amazing how new developers turn masterpieces to shiiiiiiit, expanding and reinterpreting the footsteps left by incumbents at will.

Even if I do this, I think Diablo Immortal will be a dark chapter of the Diablo series.

Isnā€™t Blizzardā€™s philosophy and attitude towards the game there now?!

Iā€™m really worried about Diablo 4ā€¦

3 Likes

Blizzard ruined the pvp balanceā€¦

sincerely curse What is the reason for turning Diablo 2, which has memories of my youth and memories, into garbage like thisā€¦?

Developer Comment: The development team wanted to fix an awkward issue where players would be denied input when casting a skill. In PVP, weā€™d like to add a way to reduce hit recovery spam so that we donā€™t sometimes get characters out of control for too long.

Garbage comments, diary, write your dreams on paper, put them in an empty bottle, and send them to the sea. Please, developer, cancel your opinion immediately.

5 Likes