2.4 Bowazon is WAY too strong for pvp

Spent some time playing around with basic builds for Bowazon. Damage is absolutely ridiculous for PVP and need some tuning before live. In combination with dodge/avoid/evade changes, a properly built Amazon is now SS tier crazy OP in PVP scenarios.

Blizzard, I know you mainly balance for PVM scenarios, and it’s ok for them to be clearing chaos faster, but PLEASE address Amazon bow damage in PVP so we don’t completely wreck that part of the game.

7 Likes

Here’s an idea… Don’t duel bow zons?

5 Likes

yeah all my remaining concerns for 2.4 are in pvp. ( with the sole exception of them being stupid with auradin again >.>)

guided arrow and multishot and staff buff

bone skill buffs

FOH buffs

i mean i appreciate the hit recovery fix but… pvp is going to suck if these changes go live

1 Like

It’s like a 20%-30 dps increase on well geared zons, I’m sure the meta will adjust.

11 Likes

I tested it quite a bit (caveat: no max/ar/life|frw charms available) and my conclusion is, that the changes don’t really change the overall performance of bowzons.
her main weakness is not being able to teleport fast enough as well as being easy to catch when running, if you manage to predict where she’s going. this hasn’t changed.

2 Likes

too strong for pvm too.

1 Like

D2R and D4 need different values for each skill in PvP vs PvM. The developer should give themself this option to configure separate values for PvP and PvM. Mabye it is to late to implement this in D2R, but please do it for D4 at least.

5 Likes

This would be the sensible option but i’m not sure how feasible it is on a 20 year old codebase.

its much more than that for strafe. Also now you can be put in dodge lock. And you cant get stuned reliantly so pretty much nothing is preventing you from castiing beyond the need to avoid enemies attack.

they have double damage on strafe. and no dodge animation

1 Like

not double, but not that far of it ^^

its really sad to see this happening. amazons one clicking everyone. I remember during the dev interview or something they said they have consideration for PvP

1 Like

Do you have actual data already? Like two fully geared chars, gear showcase then PvP match showcase showing amazons one-clicking everyone? I’m really curious to see these claims in action

Did maths for Forti Faith GMB build with as much vita as possible (only dext for maxblock in swap) and 1 point strafe. Strafe buff is around 70% buff for physical damage only (i didnt take into account fire and cold damage, which are honestly irrelevant, or even openwound). I also assumed you would max multi shot with the buff synergy.

If you put more in dext or more point in strafe, it would be relatively less of an upgrade.

If you use Enigma build however, it will be a far bigger upgrade in % (even if Enigma build will have less damage than forti build in the end obviously)

About having actual fight data, its currently nearly impossible as the PTR dont give us the appropriate gear to test real pvp build…

I did not know that PvP was balanced…like ever.
As if that would change so much. PvP is basically all around teleport.
Removing teleport from pvp would actually make more sense.

3 Likes

amazon multishot needs even more damage, it is very low compared with other multiple target skills on this and other chars, they don’t have to remove the power up of the synergy, they have to even increase the damage of multishot

don’t think simply in PVP, this is a very complex game, and also, like Fredi says, PVP IS NOT BALANCED, and teleport or other skills are far much more unbalanced that GA or any other physical bow skill from ama, they do very low damage

1 Like

very low damage ? I cant tell if you are sarcastic or ignorant.

2 Likes

Hate to be the one that repeat the same message

PvM->PVP.

It not justified to NERF a skill which spoil it for most pof the player for a tiny minority of players.

Now if players have a different calculation for PvP damage, I am all for it. But if I am honest, the PvP train has long gone. The game has never been balance for PvP.
The effort to make to make D2 viable for PvP IMO doesn’t justified the payout due to being a niche activity.

Effort for PvP should be better directed at D4. I seen some Lost Ark PvP & its pretty decent, so I am not oppose to it, or make it a Battle royale. Can be fun.

9 Likes

I bough D2R to PvP in it, and we are a lot in that case. Some PvPers have been playing for 15 years or more, they love the game probably more than anyone else. Blizzard destroying PvPjust because they wouldnt either bother to put a modulating factor for PvP to compensate for PvM buff is not the way they should treat these players. Its unnaceptable

4 Likes

to me d2 is far from a balanced pvp game… if you want better pvp, go play a pvp game… you want a more balanced pvp game, go play a competitive fighter style pvp game. if you are that much into d2r pvp and you have to pvp on this game, then figure out the solution. otherwise… hey dude, your pvp build sucks.

it’s clearly a pve game, asking for pvp balanced and stuff, thats a whole other ballpark they aren’t ready to tackle, ever?

I’d love to see blizz say ’ we reduced all dmg taken in pvp by XX % ’ just to dumb down the whole thing. maybe then we’d see more hardcore public lobbies, and not have 1 griefer come in to ruin it… you have seen the lack of public hardcore lobbies… right? well theres a big part of that problem solved.

4 Likes