Update: 2.4 launches April 14th, Ladder launches April 28th

They need to DO THAT! we need time to test the game updates in LIVE before competitive ladder EVER becomes a thing…and a week isnt much. Push back ladder if needed, but if the 2.4 is done they need to release the damn thing and treat it like the PC game it is. Patch bugs as you discover them. Jesus Blizzard this isn’t your first rodeo, its not even your 5th! We’ve been doing this dance for over 20 years now. You release a game, it HAS BUGS (you ALWAYS have bugs ever since warcraft 2), you patch the bugs as you develop fixes.

We need the 2.4 content or we are gonna have no players left by the time you DO feel comfy enough that everything is perfectly tied up with a nice little bow.

Agreed. It’s bad form, its bad for a company, its bad for the community, and it ruins your name as a brand. They have been amateur hour since the 1990s… and I would have thought they’d have grown out of this by now. A COMMUNITY TEAM was able to bring a quality version of diablo 2 regularly, and as this person said… Blizzard can’t get the chat working or handle the spam-bots in the main lobby… or get a patch update ready without at least 3 failed but not TRULY promised release dates that were JUST BARELY safely worded enough that TECHNICALLY they can say they didn’t guarantee anything and the timeframes were just rough estimates, but honestly…no, if they literally just set up a github with the dang source and let us take it from there we will have 2.4 up within about 2 weeks… thats just with me working my butt off on it. A REAL company with staff should be far FAR quicker.

1 Like

Did you see dude’s twitter? He posts workout flex pics and hist placement after a HOTS match basically every day.

1 Like
https://www.kapwing.com/videos/623a22e75ebb9b0103f8717a

Laugh about it! Do you remember that guy who laughs super hard for 3 minutes? Well. Sit back. Relax.

He deactivated his Twitter for a few days, which caused a Reddit thread of what happened to him, which lead to the 4 month delay comment, which lead to him with the end of month eta and reactivating his Twitter.

30 Likes

Thanks for the info Pez at least 1 guy who loves us (somewhat) :smiley: .

PS: Would love some blue posts over at the EU forums I feel like they’re as rare as finding 2 Bers and Jahs in 1 single game.

4 Likes

Woot! Lets goooooo!!!

Lets get this train rolling!

2 Likes

is this south-american telenovela ?

1 Like

Thank you. Finally some response so we have something to latch on!

Godspeed, it’s a minefield out here.

nah its 3.5 months for 2.4… then its “2 weeks” for ladder to launch
Where else have I heard “2 weeks” before?.. oh yeah, to “flatten the curve”

Just two weeks.
It’s always just two weeks.

4 Likes

Hmm, the queues and the quarantines do have quite a bit in common.

1 Like

I made a thread when I saw the first blue post on ladder being delayed. Everyone thought I was crazy.

Me, five months later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSTN3mHEAOA

2 Likes

Basically, the chain of events that led to Zax questioning why the whole 4 months became a thing, and the exact chain of events since Phobos posted what Pez has on his Twitter, which held no bearing to the events that led to the 4 months comment. Dude likes his workouts, ain’t no problem with that.

Hopefully everyone is looking forward to the extensive wait…I’m guessing 6 weeks at best.

3 Likes

Thanks! Feel free to drop by more often even if it’s just for stupid uneventful posting. Even though I’m sure you’ll get complaints for stupid postings, it at least lets us know that you haven’t completely abandoned the forums.

I’m praying that we at least have a full game list. I have to guess game names to find them because the public list does not list them all. Normal only has like four to six games at any given time for me. Can’t even group level.

Also, please give at least two weeks for ladder so we can adjust our schedules.

ohhh an announcement about an announcement

7 Likes

And I do not hate it, I rather have something like this than radio silence

3 Likes

Thanks for the update Pez!