Was this the last blizzcon, or it's moving to summer?

Since there are so many things we’re going to hear about next summer, I can guess there will be some blizzcon-scale event in the summer, right?

Wait and find out, but probably no. Events of the scale of blizzcon usually get announced like 7 or 9 months ahead of time. This is so people can sort out hotel and flights.

except that 7 or 9 days ahead best hotel options are fully-booked

So i actually got my hotel before the ticket sale dates were announced.

So example they announced blizzcon will happen and the dates. They put up the blizzard hotel website fluff. I use that fluff to reserve a hotel room at a cheaper blizzcon rate that can be canceled up to a few days before event no questions asked.

these days people book everything a year up-front

99.99% chance it’ll be first weekend of November like always. No reason to believe it would move.

2 Likes

Exactly. You also have to remember that the Anaheim Convention Center hosts 100s of events throughout the year and currently the calendar for next year is quite booked.

Blizzard and the ACC has had a deal worked out for years that usually ends up with them having access to the ACC for the first week of November.

2 Likes

Same.
Once the dates of the convention are announced, I book my hotel, flight, and request my days off.
In the event I don’t get a ticket, I can still easily cancel all of that, or I can make the trip anyways and enjoy the weekend at Disneyland instead.

1 Like

If BlizzCon continues to be profitable then they will probably do another one next year. The fact that this year’s BlizzCon never sold out is slightly worrying. In the past tickets sold out in minutes. But a lot of people still showed up.

1 Like

How do you get your flights so that you can cancel anytime? I know you can move them forward, but not cancel most of the time.

I will actually book my hotel for the first weekend of November as soon as possible because they’re crazy easy to cancel. Flights, I wait for the confirmation.

BlizzCon has never been profitable.

There’s several airlines that offer refundable tickets. Usually they’re a bit more expensive, but I don’t mind.

Personally I use Southwest. With them it’s open seating so it’s first come first serve for seats, and you get two free checked bags (which is great for Blizzcon.)

Their Business Select and Anytime tickets are refundable where the refund is given onto the method of payment, or the value of the ticket is a flight credit that you use for a future flight. However, their Wanna Get Away/Wanna Get Away Plus are non-refundable and the value only goes towards flight credit towards a future flight.
As an example:
Southwest from St Louis to the John Wayne Internation in Santa Ana on Feb 04 at 5:45 am is as follows:

Business Select is $338
Anytime is $288
Wanna Get Away Plus is $228
Wanna Get Away is $208

Southwest, JetBlue, Delta, United, and American seem to be airlines that do offer refundable tickets. Not sure about others, but these are the main domestic flights.

The BIGGEST thing I can suggest to people when planning flights is to look at their airlines. Check the cancellation and refund policies, and look at the differences in ticket types.

after the **** **** **** **** show that is united airlines (i believe i once flew with them about 10 years ago, this year they have definitely been put on my ban list) i researched and discovered southwest. i cannot extoll my sheer joy about having 2 checked bags, that universally matches my 2 checked bags with qantas club. finally, a round trip without having slot issues!!!

1 Like