Portal Pass Update: Free Merch & Blizz Higher Up meets

The schedule was NOT posted on day 1 but on Day 2 pretty much every big dev and president was in the meet and greet schedule except Chris Metzen.

Everyone was offered a free plush and towards the end all of the left over plushes were also given away.

I understand they need to fix this for next time but I felt I got some value from fhis

1 Like

The developer meet and greet made the portal pass for me.

I met a lovely art developer from WoW and she was very nice. Showed me some stuff for the new patch she was working on with her phone. Told me all about her job and it was very personal in the short three-four minutes we talked.

Those are the experiences I’ll remember.

Also spoke with a Blizzard employee who isn’t on any of the game teams, just works in the background on general systems. He spilled the beans that he had to wait in line like everyone else for stuff which I found funny :laughing:

I really appreciate the meet and greets. Aside from the schedule which was messed up big time, when they got it under control it was nice. Not too long of a lines. You actually had time to have a conversation.

Highlight of the portal pass for me. (Which isn’t hard :rofl:)

I appreciate the effort they made on day two to try and offer some resolution for the how bad it was day 1 and the overall little value the pass appeared to have. But these were hindsight moves. The insane lack of planning and logistics for this event were evident everywhere. It seems like whoever was in charge had a good sense of building out cool decorations and the main arena stage was well done, but had an almost commical lack of understanding how attendees would interact with that space. Folks sitting on the floor in walking paths to watch panels? Thats inexcusable.

2 Likes

Too little, too late. Not everyone knew about what they were doing.

2 Likes