Any perk info for Portal Pass holders

So back in 2019 there were some perks not mentioned such as a concierge service where your purchases could be held in portal lounge area and you could pick up at end of day. Downside to this is it was never advertised.

So can a blue let us know if there are perks that we get for portal pass that we may not have been told about?

2 Likes

Seconded. Also, are Portal Pass holders guaranteed to be in the Opening Ceremony theater, or preferred seating for panels?

Unless you are a fan of the portal pass lounge you are not really getting any other benefits, no guaranteed seating and no early entry into the arena for panels or community night. They never did elaborate on the “and more” bonuses and with less than a week until Blizzcon I am not sure they will.

They list the perks on the AXS website but ill post the bullets here…

Portal Pass($799)

Ticket includes:

ALL GENERAL ADMISSION ITEMS PLUS:

• Exclusive Portal Pass Lounge
    • Private viewing lounge, private concessions, gameplay experiences, concierge support, Blizzard employee meet and greets, and more
  • Separate registration line
  • Separate security line
  • Early convention entry on Friday and Saturday (lounge only)

Does anyone know what time is the “Early Convention Entry” ? Has the entry time been communicated?

Thanks

In 2019 it just meant they let you hurry to wait in the area between the halls and the outside glass for 30 minutes.

I thought i saw somewhere that it was 9am for lounge entry but looking back at the portal pass ticket info there is no time so I am not sure.

I’ll be surprised if the portal pass doesn’t get automatic entry into the opening ceremony. When I went to Blizzcon last time, I purchased a charity dinner ticket, which I believe was around the same price as the portal pass (though there were only about 200 sold) and you were given a specific area for the opening ceremony (wasn’t up front, but also wasn’t in the back).

Nah. People are starting to get the lotto tickets on axs for the opening ceremony seats.

Yikes, that’s a massive oversight lol.

2 Likes

Going to double post here… but,

I was reading some comments on reddit about the Portal Pass and they said the viewing area in the lounge is effectively “some couches with some TVs set up”. I hope that isn’t the case. The map makes it seem like a large viewing area, but smaller in the scale than what you’d experience in the halls.

Has anyone done the Portal Pass before and can share some insights? Thanks!

Yeah, as someone who got the Portal Pass for the first time this year it’s pretty disappointing. I get they want to be fair to everyone, but with an MSRP Portal Pass at $800 they’re really dropping the ball on incentivizing the pass for any future BlizzCons. (Assuming they’ll even continue to have future BlizzCons under Microsoft’s ownership.)

The way the map makes it look, the viewing lounge may well just be some couches + TVs, but maybe they’ll be quality couches and TVs? haha

I wanted to call out QuakeCon is still a thing and Microsoft has owned that for a few years now.

2019 it was that. The main purpose of the lounge is an escape from people. It served that purpose very well in 2019.

I know cons are very peoply, but to have a breather from the dense crowds is nice.

I was reading some more, and it looks like they have a Portal Pass Theater, so I’m hoping that’s an upgrade from the couches.

:rofl:

There was one announced feature in 2019 that was not repeated this year. An early access night on Thursday to the Darkmoon Faire. Portal holders got to have greatly shortened lines due to that. I was able to hit all of the DMF booths in a couple of hours. Was expecting they might do that again, but seeing the floorplan now I can see that wouldn’t work since they can’t wall off just that part.
Not really explained in either year is that the concierge services include a bag check. If you have a lot of goods you’ve brought for trading or new purchases you don’t need to carry them around the con or take them back to a hotel right away.

2 Likes

I’m not too bothered about not knowing more about the perks right now, but is there going to be like a pamphlet or something that we get at registration? Like how am I going to know what my perks are? We don’t even know what “early” means in relation to getting into the lounge before the show opens.

1 Like

Honestly you’ll probably go all blizzcon not knowing what your perks are.

1 Like

This is my first blizzcon, so I don’t know if it was always like this, but it feels really badly organized. No schedules, hard to find information, and though I’ve sent emails to support, I haven’t received any answers. Really hoping this lives up to expectations

Plus one to being a little worried about not knowing what all my perks are as a portal pass holder and first time attendees to the convention. I’m really really hoping we get some kind of priority stand by for the opening ceremony at least. Feels like an oversight that we weren’t guaranteed a seat in that given the price of the ticket.

I’m going to harbor a guess and say that Blizzard told their third-party partner AXS they needed 5,000 people for the opening ceremony. So AXS just randomly selected 5k seats. Didn’t matter if they were Portal Pass or even if they were purchased in the same batch.

So that’s why we keep seeing these posts of folks who are going without their significant other/friends because one person out of the group was selected.

I don’t see Portal Pass folks getting in unless we learn something in the Portal Pass lounge, but I’m going to ask them tomorrow in the lounge what exact the “and more” meant. :grin:

1 Like