2023 Virtual Ticket Question

It sounded like the virtual ticket was free this year, but the latest news says only Arena will be streamed. I’m sure I am not alone in not caring one bit about eSport stuff, I personally want to watch the panels before people start talking about it online live. So, is there a spot to watch it for free or a spot to watch it for a cost?

3 Likes

There will be no panels, and esports will be streamed separately on non-blizzcon channels.

Yes, I know - looking at the schedule, it feels like we’ll be watching a dev stream rather than blizzcon. And that’s basically what this year’s blizzcon is - basically some dev interviews in a theme park that’s open for 2 days only.

Tbh I see no reason for them to not open a real theme park, like Disneyland, and hold future blizzcons and xbox events there. Considering that most attractions in this blizzcon will be static shops and booths so all they’re getting by limiting it to two days is queues. And they’ve now merged with Microsoft so could have also Elder Scrolls and Fallout stuff as well, and even Netflix is opening theme shops so surely Xbox could as well.

If ya read others posts on this topic youll find blizzard has opted to instead mark the VODS private on youtube. Many people myself included were watching them after work and the likes and they went private midwatch.

1 Like

I’m actually here at Blizzcon and didn’t watch some of the what’s next panels and when I went to watch the vods I couldn’t. So here’s to hoping they’re going to release them again. I thought I was just doing it wrong, but this seems like the same experience everyone else is having.

There’s supposed to be some replays, but I’m having a heck of a time finding them. They are not on the channels for either Twitch or Youtube. I suspect, they’ll catch up later. Which is a bummer. Last Blizzcon, you could go back I felt quickly.

It “feels” like the video conferencing part was a bit of a dropped ball this time. :\

I was so disappointed that all the blizzcon purchase this year only had game content, not access to panels, certain events or anything visual. Then again you cant give them what they didnt even bother to do…just didn’t feel like i was involved in something special, just another in game purchase