You were disconnected from battle.net. Please Reconnect

Just installed both Diablo II and LOD tried to log on and keep getting this message:

You were disconnected from battle.net. Please Reconnect.

How can I get this to work?

have the same problem. first it says connecting to battle net, checking versions. then it says battle net is not responding, try reconnecting after a few minutes.

This exact thing happened to me. Were you playing fine and everything was completely okay then one day you couldn’t cooncect to battle.net?
I had to wait two weeks for my game to magically start working. I was talking about it when I first got in chat room Diablo II en-1. Someone said there was some sort of two week ip ban if you log in on a different computer or different internet. The game probably assumes your not you and that your account is at risk so they lock it.
This may or may not be the real reason, maybe someone tried hacking your account? Or failed your password enough times.

@TrueValkyrie: Hi,

You are replying to a post from 1 June 2021… a year ago. Always note the date of posts before replying.

As for getting a temporary ban in Diablo II (2000), this can happen for a multitude of reasons… See Diablo II Error: Your connection has been temporarily restricted - Blizzard Support for details… for example, using a VPN is an automatic 14-day suspension.

Best of luck in your games !