Wow high latency new ISP

hi all ive moved house and ISP and now having high latency on wow while playing (it’s unplayable, 3000-5000 World MS) on my desktop. I can play fine on my laptop and everything in the house (tv, ps5) works fine. i don’t know why it would only be my desktop that suddenly has the problem. Can someone help me understand this tracer report? ive already been on phone twice with ISP and still waiting blizzard support help… Thank you!

Tracing route to 103.4.115.248 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 2 ms 2 ms 2 ms 192.168.20.1 [192.168.20.1]
2 14 ms 14 ms 14 ms 122-199-32-1.ip4.superloop.au [122.199.32.1]
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Howdy Blaze,

Whenever I see latency over 1000 like this, it’s often due to background programs or addons that is causing high latency specifically for WoW. I’d suggest disabling all other programs temporarily and testing the default version of WoW by resetting the UI.

Hi Zenlaka thank you. I tried those things and no change. I also tried all of the suggestions on the " World of Warcraft Latency Problems" page and no luck, except i havent tried the " “plugging your computer directly into your modem” yet.

Howdy Blaze,

If you are still having issues with the latency, definitely try using a wired connection temporarily. I know that can be inconvenient, especially if you have to move the computer but that can help narrow down the problem.

If you still have latency issues, let’s get a WinMTR test to gather more information:

1. Download WinMTR
  2. Unzip the file to your desktop
  3. Run the WinMTR as Admin
  4. Type your server IP in “host”.
  5. Click “Start” and open the game. Let the MTR test run for at least 10 minutes to capture this issue occurring.
  6. Click “Copy text to clipboard”
  7. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
    ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

Note: If it’s not letting you post, break links by adding a space before .com/.net, so you can post them. You can also upload the MTR contents through Pastebin and post the link then highlight the link and press the ˂/˃ button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.