Will an OW2 Api ever exist? Pickem system abanonded...?

now I know this thread exsits: [cant post a link to it because “im a new user”

Just this weekend I realized that the OW League app no longer works / the whole pick em system and such. makes sense considering the league is shut down and now run through faceit. This is a really big let down as I thought it was a genuius way to interact with the pro scene and tournaments from a casual players perspective and also be able to earn OW league skins (granted it was an insane ammount of coins to collect for just a single skin, but that not the point of this post).

On that note though, they had to devlop access for FaceIT API access and from what I can see, faceit profiles still have the bare minimum outside of the additonal map win % which is something that doesnt exist outside of faceit.

Even going through that old thread and many google searches and reddit threads and videos, ive never seen anyone from the overwatch team respond or even touch on why this is or if its something that will never happen. If anyone has any refrenced material they can show me of anyone from the OW team talking about this for overwatch 2 or even just more information I would really apprecaite it.

I find it disheartening that such a beloved and seasoned title can have so little community access.