Will an i7-2600k (sandy bridge) run D2R?

My PC’s specs are:
I7-2600k (sandy bridge)
8 GB ram
2 x GTX 590 (I think, very old)

It seems the i7-2600k is better and faster in almost every way than the minimum required i3-3250 but it is older. When I hit the Play button for D2R it says “Failed to initialize graphics device.” Leads me to believe the problem is my graphics cards only. I guessed this was going to be an issue before buying the game, but figured I’d give it a shot. I also have a new PC on the way but is several weeks out.

I have access to at GTX 750 TI for dirt cheap but don’t want to waste any time/money. Will my i7-2600k be able to run D2R if I upgrade the graphics card to a GTX 750 TI?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

I would hold off before doing anything, even people with gtx2070 and other cards which are supported are having the same issue, im also having this issue on a 5870 I plan to refund the game if it doesn’t get sorted out in the next day or two and I’ll try again at a later date

My PC’s Specs

• CPU: Intel i7 2600k
  • Ram: 8GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 970

I have installed latest version of Nvidia driver and there is no problem to play D2R.
I recommend Nvidia 900 series graphics card, but 750Ti doesn’t seem to be a problem either. Because latest version of Nvidia driver still supports down to 600 series.

Thanks for the help. I may give it a try, or keep my eye out for something a little better.

I have a ryzen 3700x and rtx 2070 super… have an issue where whenever I move the mouse the whole game starts lagging like crazy. Dropping graphics settings to lowest makes no difference. They have some serious issues going on.