Why is b.net launcher constantly logging me out?

It’s been a problem for months now. I do some googling, no obvious answers show up, but just old threads from 2022/23 asking the same thing here with no solutions. Kinda don’t know why I’m asking the question here… hopefully enough threads will get somebody in QC to look into it.

2 Likes

I have the same issue.

The bnet app failing to remember me and keep me logged in has been an issue for months now (it fails at the security check screen and kicks me back to the login).

Now I’m getting a new, even more annoying error in addition to and usually before that one: BLZBNTBNA00000A8E
(Whose idea was it to block posting links to your own websites and help pages for anyone by the way? Why should you have to have TL 3 to link to your own help articles, gah)

Now I get both these errors. It seems to fail at the security check screen for me. That is, it starts logging in, gets to the security check screen, says nothing, then kicks me back to log in. Usually happens at least once a day but I can find no rhyme or rhythm.

Bnet is given relevant permissions and trusted status in all security programs and allowlisted in my firewall, none of which have log entries indicating they blocked anything by the bnet app or any related executables. I have checked my network firewall, there are no blocked entries that should matter.

Are they looking into this? Aware of it? I saw another thread from someone complaining about getting stuck but I don’t get stuck, I get logged out and it doesn’t even know I’m logged out when I launch the first time, it’s not until it tries to log in that it figures out I should log back in.

1 Like

having this issue as well playing diablo 4 : “your client has been disconnected from the server diablo 4”

1 Like

Your issue appears to be different.

Then post on the Diablo 4 forums.

@asil: Hi,

Have you tried to uninstall / re-install Battle.Net ?

Have you tried using the Beta version of Battle.Net (or the normal version, if you’re using the Beta version) ?

What antivirus/security programs are you using ?

Convert your link to Preformatted Text; do:

• put the link in your post as you would normally,
  • highlight the entire link; and
  • click on the </> button.

I am not using the beta version. I’d actually like to try that to see if that helps. Is it available to anyone?

@eXicuter: Hello,

You can load the Beta version of Battle.Net from the Battle.Net App itself. Click on the blue BNet logo in the upper left corner of the app, and select “Settings”. At the bottom of the left panel, you will see “Beta”. Click it and follow the instructions on the right panel.

Good luck !

Yes. More than once in fact. I also cleared the tools folder, all temp folders and cache folders I could find. I’ve done everything but uninstall my games which shouldn’t matter.

I am not using the beta version, considering the issue has been going on for months through multiple bnet updates it seems unlikely the next one in the pipe will help. But I’ll try it anyways. I’ve also tried checking and unchecking allow multiple instance of bnet, doesn’t help either way.

While I appreciate the attempt to help and understand many people don’t attempt basic troubleshooting, please trust I’ve been through all of the standard blizzard listed troubleshooting steps on their help pages.

• Paid/premium AV from a top 5 global vendor. Blizzard apps including bnet trusted, no log entries for violations or blocks found.

Because I know you’ll ask, yes I’ve tried disabling them. And just so it’s in the clear. I haven’t changed this set-up one bit for over a year and the issue started occurring under those circumstances without the security set-up changing.

Now, here’s the question. The login information in my case seems to be correctly remembered, it has my email, it has starred out password, it starts to login, it hits the security check splash pop-up or whatever the next step after enter is where the first window vanishing and a smaller one appears, no text appears there, after a second, 2 at most it fails to log in, says my login has expired and sends me back to the first step to re-enter my password (saving my email). Though as noted lately it sometimes lets me get past that step then hits me with it couldn’t connect/get online error though that’s only been occurring for about a week, the other issue has been happening for 3 months easily.

What does this indicate, what part of the login process is failing? It seems to me for some reason the security check is failing, a problem with a locally saved token for some reason or some measuring of client variables and state that constantly flags a change that demands a relog seems to me to be probable.

Here is a snippet from the bnet logs that seems relevant:

I 2024-01-05 22:36:29.910993 [UnifiedAuth] {Main} External Challenge was canceled by user.
D 2024-01-05 22:36:29.923097 [UrlManager] {Main} Resolved URL: key=/client/error/BLZBNTBGS80000023; region=US; endpoint=https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZBNTBGS80000023?utm_source=app-battlenetdesktop&utm_medium=internal
I 2024-01-05 22:36:29.924761 [LoginController] {Main} Handling error from service. error=ERROR_NO_COOKIE (47) offline=false interval=00:00:00.000000
I 2024-01-05 22:36:29.924793 [LoginController] {Main} Issuing client disconnection from service
I 2024-01-05 22:36:29.936772 [UnifiedAuth] {Main} UAuth: setting url: https://account.battle.net/login/en/logout?ref=https://account.battle.net/login/en/login.app?app=app reason: reset

I neither saw nor canceled any challenge.

Yeah, it just means there was an authentication attempt, which failed, and then the client requested a disconnect because of the failure.

You may have security apps or a file sync management causing issues with the authentication token.

I will re-iterate I have not changed my security programs or their settings. This started happening on its own. There are no logs in any of my programs indicating they took action to block something. The only way something could be happening is if Blizzard was deciding something like the existence of hooks from such programs (looking, not interacting, normal behavior) was itself some cause for problem in which case it’s up to them to fix that behavior as while they have a right to disallow cheat programs and such from hooking their executables (though more specifically their game executables I’d say), they have to co-exist with many legitimate system and security programs.

I truly doubt this to be the case as I’ve tried disabling them.

Could you elaborate on this? I don’t use any file syncing tools and as mentioned I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled bnet including nuking all cache folders.

I can also confirm changing to the beta version has not fixed the problem and that results in a reinstall I believe.

Are these tokens stored any place in particular? Do they use Windows system components for storage for example? I’m assuming they don’t use anything optional like Microsoft Edge which can be uninstalled but perhaps I shouldn’t.

I get that security mechanisms are kind of a sensitive area but perhaps some hinting about possible things that could go wrong and cause this could be provided without getting into too much detail.

Most of those app types update on their own.

I don’t develop the Bnet application, I’m a volunteer, so I don’t know.

Definitions yes. Method of action and actual modules and executables? Not as often. In fact according to what I’ve looked up, the version of the AV software I am on has not changed in the past 10 months. The release on I’m that is, is that old. The other software has not been updated in 12 months.

I’ll reiterate that this is not a definitions issue. Definitions issues would result in a report in the logs, also a lot more people would have experienced it and it would have been fixed by now by the vendor as part of what you pay for with paid AVs is timely definitions updates and allowlisting when issues arise.

Thanks anyways for trying to help. Appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.