Where can I get the New version?

Trying to get this game up and running on my pc with GOG Galaxy… Wont let me on battle net saying there is a new version?? what am I missing?

1 Like

To play on battle.net you need to select the “classic” version in the launcher, also do not forget to add your serial key, you can find that from within the launcher.
Your serial key should be found in your gog profile in your game’s library under the game’s related informations.

We play the game every weekends and I stream them maybe you wanna hangout sometime too :smiley:

1 Like

i’ve done all that but still wont allow me online

1 Like

Well here we can´t post screen captures so if the problem persist I invite you to join my discord you can find a link to that in my Youtube or Twitch profile page same name as here ( Trogallart ) and seek help there.

But for the matter at hand if you try to connect to the Global gateway you need to make sure your game is at the correct version. when you start your game and are in the main menu there should be written: “Warcraft II BNE v2.02” in white at the bottom right of your screen under the buttons.

If that is not the case then you need to patch your game to make that happen. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is says to uninstall and reinstall which I did then says I have a virus which is not the case… oh well seems like I just wont be able to play it online.

If you installed your game from GOG, launching the classic version after adding your CD key should do the trick.
If your connection is really slow you may need to port forward the 6112 ports both on udp and tcp.
Also you may want to look if you have a firewall or an antivirus blocking the game from connecting to battle.net in which case you may have to add an exception rule for the game.

1 Like

I’m getting the same problem, CD-key entered, ports forwarded, game says there is a new version of the software available but I am unable to be patched. Playing the War2Combat version I connect to their servers fine no issues, only having an issue with legit install. I see images online of a “Global” option for Bnet from the dropdown menu in the GOG version, I only see US West/East, Asia and Europe. Support sent me here. I last played on GOG Battle.net around the time it first came out on GOG and had no issues. Same system.

SOLVED. I had to install it through the site downloader, not GOG Galaxy. Global appears as an option and it connects no problem.

Hello friends I play many games but rather than action I like to game which going by creating and exploring things in in more I mostly like farm game you will too you will be amazed why I am saying this see on freakfarmer.tech

Can you tell me more about how you installed it on the site downloader? Does it work within GOG where you now see Global as a drop down?

Try on the gog website, not the Galaxy application. :smiley: as james5272 stated

1 Like

GoG gives the option to download the game from their website or from their launcher.

The post you replied to is fairly old, so I don’t know if there is still a difference between the two downloads. There shouldn’t be.

Are you asking because you are having an issue with version that come from GoG’s launcher?

SnarkyGoblin,

Advertising illicit servers is unwise.

but also better than advice people to buy a game and they believe they going to have fun multiplayer and get riped off ?. What would you say about that!

This:
No matter who advises what, breaking the forum rules by telling others to break the Blizzard EULA is not permitted.

With that cleared up, I haven’t advised anyone to buy the Bliz versions of the game(s). In fact, it’s been the opposite when the usual fixes don’t work.