What's this code?

Error Code: BLZBNTAGT00001389

I CANT UPDATE ORIGINAL DIABLO TO GET IT TO LAUNCH. THIS ERROR CODE POPS UP AND IVE TRIED UNINSTALLING, RESTARTING, FORCE STOPS AND THE SCAN AND REPAIR OPTION. NOTHING HAS WORKED. THE ERROR CODE KEEPS POPPING UP.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY GUIDANCE ON THIS MATTER, PLEASE HELP.

TIA!!!

Update? What are you trying? Did you just buy diablo from blizzard store?

yep, and i cant update it to play

Theres only one version: the current one. After downloading through the launcher there shouldnt be an update right after.

IM REFERRING TO DIABLO 1

YeS I kNOw. Whats with you and caps?

Im talking about diablo 1. If you downloaded it from the launcher, thats the most current version. There isnt an update so youre going to have be morespecific about that youre doing like i asked in my very 1st reply.

Sorry, i had caps on due to filling out some paperwork while replying to you.

so when i dl’ed and installed diablo 1, it dl’s, then, it tries to auto update and it give me that code.

now, i tried to scan and repair and it gave me the same exact code.

when i tried to manually force start the game from the folder, it plays the “blizzard north” cinematics…then the whole screen is dark and i only hear background noise for 3 seconds before game force stops.

so…i dont know what im doing wrong…

The launcher trying to update after downloading, that sounds like a permission prob. The launcher is trying to write something and is being denied. If you search that error in the support site, there might be troubleshoting steps.

The blackscreen is due to how old the game is. Its graphics api is ancient. Use the 4th patch in this list:

https://github.com/FunkyFr3sh/Warcraft-II-Powershell-Patches/blob/main/README.md

If you want to play on battlenet you’ll need the 1st patch.

1 Like

There are:

The blue-coloured text are links to additional info and/or procedures that you may find useful.

1 Like

ty ty.

i tried all the steps here and it still wasnt working…is there something im missing?

Hey TaSsAdAr,

If you create a new administrator account on your computer, and before you do anything else, install the Battlenet launcher, then Diablo 1, do you have the same problem?

yes, i do. i dont know what it is about d1…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.