Way off topic - Freelancer

Since Microsoft has acquired Activision and Blizzard, and Blizzard seems to be into revitalizing older games what does anyone think about revitalizing Freelancer?

I dont know who would even do that. I am under the impression that Microsoft owns Freelancer.

It was a thought that popped into my head as my kid loves Freelancer for some reason. I had a cd of it that he found and made work on his pc.

I love it too. Though as I understand it’s long since been surpassed by various other space simulations. I just, don’t care enough to spend time on more of them.

freelancing is growing rapidly day by day there is 36% of growth in freelancing according to the reports last year in 2021

Oh, that’s an interesting idea! Since Microsoft now owns Activision and Blizzard, there’s definitely a possibility of them revitalizing older games like Freelancer. It’s great to hear that your kid enjoys playing Freelancer, and it’s cool that he managed to make it work on his PC. While I can’t say for sure what Microsoft’s plans are, it wouldn’t be surprising if they considered bringing back beloved classics like Freelancer, given the trend of remastering and remaking older games in recent years. It’s always exciting to see old favorites getting a fresh breath of life.