Warcraft III - TFT Undead Campaign Chapter 3 (The Dark Lady) Optional Quests bugged

I’ve been replaying the campaigns for WC3 and I’ve noticed several bugs and glitches throughout them since the last patch. One such bug is found on the Undead campaign on The Frozen Throne, Chapter 3: The Dark Lady. The couple of optional quests it has are the ones regarding possessing the leaders of the Bandit and Ogre clans in the map. It used to be that once you possessed their respective leaders, be it through a Banshee’s possession or Sylvanas’ Charm, the quests would immediately be finished, with an in-game cutscene playing briefly, and all of the units of each leader’s respective faction would be under the player’s control.

Now the quests will not finish once either of the leaders are charmed or possessed, meaning that they and their followers won’t become the player’s own units. I did see that if you kill the leaders, the quests do activate, but will be considered as “Failed”. Please fix this problem in the next patch. I really hope Blizzard is taking this feedback seriously. It’s kind of sad that a 16-year-old game is being made worse and worse with their patches.

2 Likes