Warcraft 3 Reforged "There was an error in handling the request"

edit : i cannot enter another cd key by deleting w3k files

2 Likes

Same here, I’m having the exact same issue even after re-installing the game. Any help? Thanks

Same issue - different places it states you should redeem your CD key. For me that did not work since both keys are in use (obvious I use them).

Hey there,

In order to get past the error “There was an error in handling the request” you must register your Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos CD key to your Battle.net account. You can do that here:

https://account.blizzard.com/overview

If you already registered your Warcraft 3 CD keys to a Battle.net account in the past make sure you are logging in with the correct email that was used to register the keys. If you registered the CD keys to an old Battle.net account that you no longer remember the email address for, please go ahead and contact support.

1 Like

Hello,

I can’t register it, it says “This code has already been claimed!” can i just delete the w3k files and get a new cd key or try and reinstall the game and get another cd key? or is there another way?

I’ve contacted support and they haven’t gotten back to me, it’s been a few days. how long does it usually take for support to help? Can you check if there are any CD keys connected to my account?

This means the key is already attached to a different Battle.net account using a different email address. If you don’t know which account it is attached to, use the contact support link in my post above and include the CD keys in your ticket. If the keys were attached to an old account registered in your name our CS team should be able to assist with recovering access to the old account.

@Essentia I didn’t see a ticket from a few days ago on your account, but it looks like you were able to get a new one submitted after you posted this. :slight_smile:

How do I register my wc3 classic cd-keys on a different email address when the one I was using has long since been deleted?