[Warcraft 3] Cannot link classic account

Hi,

I have been having issues linking my classic Warcraft 3 account since Reforged came out. I always get an error for “Invalid Username and/or Password”.

I have tried live support several times, who verified that my account is still active and helped me perform a password reset and email update. I am still encountering this error with a newly supplied password to the account trying either the username or email address.

Hoping for some assistance linking this please

My last attempted live support ticket: US72140262

Hey Zwick,

I took another look at this for you. I got the account name zwickownsyou on US East from your support ticket. We are not able to manually link accounts through the forums, but I can see some information pertaining to that account.

I can see that the last logoff for that account was 09/11/2019 (that’s September 11th, 2019)

You mentioned you thought you played in November, but I can’t see any logins on that account in November 2019. Perhaps you played Reforged Beta in November? If that was the case then this log in to Beta would not have refreshed the login for your zwickownsyou account since the accounts were not linked and Beta was using the new Battle.net platform.

Classic Warcraft 3 accounts expire after 90 days of inactivity, so if your last login date was 09/11/2019 that means it would have expired 12/11/2019. I believe this is the reason that you’re getting an error when trying to link it to the new system.

Sadly we do not have any way to recover accounts after they have expired. I am not sure why the account can be modified with email changes and password resets after it’s expired, but the 90 days of inactivity has been the hard cap for a very long time. I’m really sorry for the bad news here, but I hope this information helps shed light on why the error is showing up. The account information is still in the system and it hasn’t been purged, it’s just expired, if that makes sense.

Going forward if you’d like to suggest that expired accounts be allowed to link to the new Battle.net system in Reforged I’d recommend posting on the new Warcraft 3 Reforged forums. That’s where the community will be discussing game suggestions and feedback and that would be the best place to get it across the eyes of the Warcraft 3 developers.

Hey Jambrix,

Thank you so much for looking into it. That is disappointing to hear. I must have been mistaken about November. I did play in the beta then when it came out, and I thought I had logged into classic that day as well but I believe your logs more than my memory.

I will post to the Reforged forums and suggest that feature, as you recommended.

Thanks again for taking the time to review this