Unable to Launch Game After Latest Update

Hello Blizzard Community,

I wanted to bring to your attention an issue I’ve encountered with the desktop app following the latest update.

Since the update, I’ve been experiencing difficulties launching my games through the desktop app. Whenever I attempt to launch a game, the app freezes, and I am unable to proceed further. I’ve tried restarting the app and my computer multiple times, but the issue persists.

I’ve ensured that my system meets all the necessary requirements, and I haven’t encountered any similar issues prior to this update.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, are there any known fixes or workarounds?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I have the same issue. The app just keeps circling while logging in and never does. I can’t access any game… I am literally locked out.

Blizzard support palmed me off to the bloody forums. What a JOKE!
Been playing this game since 2009 and never had this happen or been treated this way.
I have an active subscription and haven’t been able to login for months. Great service BLIZZARD. Legendary!

none of my games want to launch.

when i open the task manager it shows that the game is running but the games don’t open.

i have already done all the possible options, updates, clear cashes, firewalls etc.

games still wont work .

has anyone managed to resolve the problem?

the same problem started for me after the bnet update. I don’t have a vpn, and haven’t added any programs.

even though i have the “keep this computer logged in” option checked, it drops the saved password every time i launch battle net. it spins the loading wheel for a long time and then will finally let me put in the password only after the alternate login methods (google etc) appear.