Ukrainian localization

Hello, Blizzard!

My name is Andrii, I’m from Ukraine. The population of my Homeland is over 43 million people, nearly 37 millions of them are Ukrainian (near 5 millions live in other countries).

Video Game industry is very popular in Ukraine. Different generations of people from teens to grown adults love playing games. But there is something else we love more - playing games in our native language. Unfairly, we don’t have such a privilege.

This topic is extremely important for us now as we have to fight for our borders, for our language, for our culture, for our freedom.

I ask you to hear us, I ask you to do fair things. I ask you to use a translation of your games in Ukrainian language.

We understand that it’s not easy and it cannot be done quickly. We are ready to work for it step by step. And the first step is a translation of the Battle.net app.

Please see my translation of the app attached below, which can be already used.

Ukrainian people love Blizzard for your games, but if the dream of Diablo 3, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone in Ukrainian becomes a reality, you could feel our double respect and we would be very grateful.

P.S. If I missed anything in my translation – please inform me, I’ll correct it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TTNRPGHjcwX1xpFm5pA_ax6t-rmmCW7KcMQThZAa0u8/edit?usp=sharing

36 Likes

I support this topic! And i feel the same!

11 Likes

Please answer! Every voice matters…

9 Likes

Love Blizzard, but also I love ukrainian language​:heart::ukraine:

9 Likes

Please, Blizzard, take a look.

5 Likes

It seems this is not what they have in their plans for the next 100 years… The Ukrainian community is not so principled in the question of language. That’s why most of the developers and publishers just ignore it. I wrote to the support many times during last few years about Ukrainian language and the currency in the shop in our region and I had no luck. It’s a shame…

6 Likes

This topic is relevant more than ever

2 Likes

Please, Blizzard, take a look and add Ukrainian localization!

3 Likes

More than a year! Blizzard, please give us an answer!

2 Likes

Any feedback on this?

not a single word :frowning:

blizzard?///////////

Totally agree, please make Ukrainian localization for the WoW!

1 Like

I support this topic! Not just because Ukraine is in the news right now and at war (though that’s reason in and of itself!) but because every major fan group should have the ability to have things in their own language. And you even took the time to translate things on your own and help Blizz out - what a gesture!

Even more so for Ukrainians right now, when the country is at war and unstable, logging into Blizz games to escape to another place and relax for a while would be so wonderful for these lovely people.

Definitely I’m behind this! Much love from America! <3

According to the law, the game must be localized into the Ukrainian language. We are waiting!

1. part two of Article 27, which establishes that

"A computer program with a user interface installed on goods sold in Ukraine must have a user interface in the national language, which in terms of volume and content has no less information than other versions of such an interface. Failure to comply with this requirement has the consequences determined by the legislation on the protection of consumer rights for the sale of goods of inadequate quality.

This means that any product on which a computer program is installed - from a car to a washing machine or an electric coffee maker - must be “localized” for sale in Ukraine. The product must have a Ukrainian-language interface, regardless of whether this interface uses an electronic screen or has the appearance of a control panel with ordinary buttons.

1. part six of Article 27, which establishes that:

“Internet representations (including websites, web pages in social networks) of state authorities, local self-government bodies, enterprises, institutions and organizations of state and communal forms of ownership, mass media registered in Ukraine, as well as sub” business entities that sell goods and services in Ukraine and are registered in Ukraine are provided in the state language. Along with the version of network representations (including websites, web pages in social networks) made in the state language, there may be versions in other languages. The version of the Internet representation in the state language should have no less volume and content of information than other versions, and should be downloaded by default for users in Ukraine.

For foreign business entities that implement services in Ukraine and have goods in Ukraine, subsidiaries, branches, representative offices, the version of the website in the national language must publish information sufficient in scope and content for clear navigation and disclosure of the purpose of the owner of such an Internet representation The version of such a website in the national language for users in Ukraine should be downloaded by default.

This norm does not apply to online representations of mass media specified in part five of Article 25 of the Law (which are published exclusively in the Crimean Tatar language, other languages ​​of the indigenous peoples of Ukraine, English, another official language of the European Union).

In fact, this means that from July 16, 2022, all Internet resources (websites, pages in social networks, YouTube, Viber, Telegram channels, mobile applications, etc.) that are used as online representations of business entities, registered in Ukraine, including informational Internet resources, should have a main version in Ukrainian, which should be downloaded for users in Ukraine by default. The Ukrainian version of the online representative office of a foreign business entity that sells products in Ukraine may have a smaller amount of information than the main version, but it is sufficient for a user from Ukraine to fully understand the purpose of the activity of this entity.

It should also be emphasized that from January 16, 2021, business entities that provide services to Ukrainian consumers on the Internet (online stores, online catalogs, etc.) are required to post information about and services of state partners on the relevant Internet resources. However, from now on they are required to have a full-fledged Ukrainian language, which must be the main language ( Print the maximum amount of information) and be loaded by default.

The Ukrainian version of the informational Internet resource is also displayed after July 16, 2022, which may mean a violation of its owner’s consciousness of the requirements of the law on the state language, or the fact of state registration of registration of mass information and/or the owner as a business entity. This, in turn, will indicate the name of the owner of the Internet resource to be outside the legal field of Ukraine and highlight a well-founded mistrust of the information published on the resource.

2 Likes

Please, we badly need that localization or at least some signs to show that we are not russians, a flag near the name would also work

Blizzard, take a look Ukrainian language on Activision Blizzard websites and in the battle.net application - General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums

1 Like

Blizzard! We would really appreciate if you add Ukrainian language. Ukrainians need your support. Thank you!

I want The Hearthstone in Ukrainian too!

Blizzard, ukrainian people want a translation into Ukrainian. Another option is to allow those players who do not know the English language well to play on the Russian client on English-speaking servers, as is possible in the USA.
Blizzard, aggression and bullying are present on Russian WoW servers towards Ukrainians, Georgians, and other nationalities. The requirement to play in the language known to us on Russian servers has become unbearable in recent years!