Trying to reinstall battle.net app

the app wouldnt load any my games like befor so i could play them it said opps ect ect and i deleted the folder cuase the app in system setting would not uninstall it and when i try to insatll a new install i get it to were it gets to updating the files befor instal then a box pops that says…

We’re having trouble launching the battle.net update agent…

and gives this error code: BLZBNTBTS0000005C

i have tried everything i can think of even turning off firewall and anti virus nothing works

I’m currently facing the same problem… did you find fix?

Howdy LunarBlade,

These errors can happen for a few different reasons. Let’s try restarting the PC and then do a clean reinstall of the Blizzard app:

1. Uninstall the Blizzard app
  2. Next open the temp locations and delete any Battlenet and Blizzard folders you see in each location. Press Windows Key + R and type:
    • %LOCALAPPDATA%
    • %APPDATA%
    • %TEMP%
    • %PROGRAMDATA%
  3. Finally go ahead and reinstall the app from here. Make sure you run as Admin.

If this persists, try creating a MSinfo and then open the text file. If it says “Can’t Collect Information” that would indicate a problem with the Windows WMI service. Here are some steps to fix that problem.

1 Like

Same issue I have tried everything above with no luck. This forum, reddit, and game specific forums(WoW, Heartstone, Starcraft…etc…) Have become filled with this issue. Some of the fixes work for some and nothing for others. It is wide spread enough that something with the blizzard app is the issue.

Deleting all the temp folders helped and now im installing a fresh copy, Thanks for the help.

Same. App stop installation process just after choose language and click continue.
I don’t think it is the antivirus. I don’t think reinstall works because I did it several times.
Last night the battle.net app showed a message that said it was receiving DDoS attacks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.