Tryin to find my old WOW charcters

I am trying to figure out how to find my old wow characters that are on this account I’ve read they inactive will not be deleted no matter how long but they wont show up in realm list and I cant remember which realm I was on so I’m trying to figure out what I need to do I have to active the account with buying a month for them to show up? I just don’t want to do that if the characters are not on this account I can see old money transactions so I’m pretty sure they have to be on this one is my only option buying a month subscription?

While you could use the API to check your own characters I don’t believe that is really necessary.

Even without an active subscription you should be able to sign in to your accounts and get the information you are looking for.

After signing in you should be redirected to the last realm you were playing, click on the “change realm” button and all realms you have characters will appear on top of the realm list.

Another option (for characters above level 10) is to start a *realm transfer or race/faction change. Since they only charge you after you select the character and complete the transaction you should be able to see all your characters directly from the account management.

Hope it helps!